Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Sale F/S 1965 Coupe

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.
Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
For Sale is my 1965 Coupe.
Body off restored (except for the paint) completed in 2003 . I purchased the car in March of 2004 approx 500miles after the restoration was completed.
I had the car painted in 2004/2005 the original Milano Maroon (basecoat / Clearcoat paint).
Interior is black leather. Seats were redone in 2005 by Al Knoch because I didn't like the job they did during the restoration.

Motor is the correct, numbers matching ORIGINAL L76 327/365hp motor the car left the factory with.
The trans is also the original trans - 4-speed M20.
The rear is a 4.11 gearing but is not original to the car and is dated as a late 1962 so it came out of a 1963 model car.

Car has actual, real-deal GM side pipes but it's not an original side pipe car - it was converted by a prior owner

After the paint job in 2004 the engine compartment looked "OK" but not to the degree that I was happy with it compared against the shiny new paint so I spent the winter in 2005/2006 redoing the engine compartment and the interior.

Car had a new battery put in in 2005
Carb was completely rebuilt and cosmetically restored in winter of 2005/2006
Distributor was completely rebuilt and curve set up on Sun Distributor machine in winter of 2005/2006
transmission was rebuilt and new clutch installed winter of 2008/2009
new tires put on in 2010 (only about 300-400 miles on since)
new master cylinder and front calipers installed spring of 2012

Car's options are:
AM/FM radio
tinted glass
4-speed transmission
Teak wheel

Shifter is a Hurst but it looks stock

Frame and birdcage are rust free and very solid!!!!!

Car was built Feb 1965 and is listed in the NCRS guides as the actual final car of Feb's production in '65.

I have all the major parts in a spreadsheet with their parts codes, dating codes, etc

link to the section on my '65 Vette on my website here showing pictures from all the work done on the car - paintjob, engine compartment, interior, etc
http://www.lbfun.com/Corvette/65Vette/65vettehome.html

car is located in Newark, Delaware
asking $60,000

HPIM0247.JPG

HPIM0248.JPG

HPIM0250.JPG

page67-1017-full.jpg

page67-1008-full.jpg

*NOTE - these pics were taken BEFORE the new tires were put on in 2010. The new tires are blackballs, not the whitewalls as pictured.

page88-1060-full.jpg

page88-1061-full.jpg

page88-1059-full.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't seen you on here for a long time Barry. Beautiful car and good luck with the sale. Fellow club member is selling his restored 67 vert and while I have the desire, my bank account says no. Are you replacing it with anything?

Ron
"Baldie88"

What color body and top on the vert? Any other information?

Haven't seen you on here for a long time Barry. Beautiful car and good luck with the sale. Fellow club member is selling his restored 67 vert and while I have the desire, my bank account says no. Are you replacing it with anything?

Ron
"Baldie88"

Hi Ron

yeah, i haven't been posting much anywhere anymore - too busy with work and life.....

no, not replacing the car with anything. Unfortunately once it sells I'll be Vetteless and toyless, but i need the funds to do an expansion on my business so priorities take precedence.

Barry, long time no hear!
Sorry to see you're selling the '65 - it's a beautiful car and knowing you it's a great running (and looking) car!
You were always one fussy guy with your cars - like most of us, but maybe even a little bit more! ;)

I hope all is well and good luck with the sale!

-JJS

Previous poster and I quote: "Fellow club member is selling his restored 67 vert"

For C5Vetter, now I understand your question. This is the link for my club members car: Chevrolet : Corvette Convertible in Chevrolet | eBay Motors. It's a fantastic car. The reason he's selling is he has his eye on a 57 Bel-aire. He still has a 2009 coupe but I like to have his car in the Veterans Day parade that I plan.

I don't want to butt in on Barry's thread as his car is fantastic also. If you go back to some of his older threads you'll find that the car has been meticulously maintained.

I'd love to have either one of these cars but mama says no. I think she wants to spend the money on the soon to be born grandson!

Good luck with your sale Barry. Someone is going to get a great car.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom