Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just bought my first Vette!

LegendRacer

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
I just purchased a 99 Coupe and it has the stock exhaust with no chrome or stainless steel tips. Does anyone know of any decent companies online that I can purchase direct add ons? Also the car STILL has the original tires on it, 14k and they still pass inspection! They are the stock wheels. I am looking to put new rubber on her and upgrade the wheels, maybe the Z06 style. Any suggestions of where to purchase rim/tire packages? THANKS!

Welcome aboard! :w Sounds like you found a nice car. :thumb Too bad I don't have my old stock system off the 01 I had, it had the stock chrome exhaust tips. I hope you find what you are looking for.

e55ce40cfa62c1dd28bbd262a4c20a1b.jpg

This is what I chose
Z06 Replica wheels
Borla exhaust
I get lots of compliments on the exhaust note

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Corsa exhaust and Discount Tires

I just purchased a 99 Coupe and it has the stock exhaust with no chrome or stainless steel tips. Does anyone know of any decent companies online that I can purchase direct add ons? Also the car STILL has the original tires on it, 14k and they still pass inspection! They are the stock wheels. I am looking to put new rubber on her and upgrade the wheels, maybe the Z06 style. Any suggestions of where to purchase rim/tire packages? THANKS!

I have the Corsa exhaust and the sound is amazing. (Chrome tips) Youtube them and you'll see what I mean. Especially after having headers installed! I would look for a Discount Tires shop in your area. I've found them to be the best around for tires only. Do some internet research and take those prices to D.T., they'll price match. Take a look at the Continental Extreme Contact DW...Summer only tire. Great traction and nice an quiet for the long haul.

Attachments

• DugsZ06.jpg
    DugsZ06.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN2124.jpg
    DSCN2124.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 177
I have the Corsa exhaust and the sound is amazing. (Chrome tips) Youtube them and you'll see what I mean. Especially after having headers installed! I would look for a Discount Tires shop in your area. I've found them to be the best around for tires only. Do some internet research and take those prices to D.T., they'll price match. Take a look at the Continental Extreme Contact DW...Summer only tire. Great traction and nice an quiet for the long haul.

Thanks for the information everyone has contributed... I have watched some YouTube vids on different exhaust systems and they all are awesome! I am going to attend the Corvette show in Carlisle next month so I'm hoping to have an exhaust system narrowed down by then and possibly purchase some wheels there too. Will post what I purchase after the show :)

Thanks again,

LegendRacer

Thanks for the information everyone has contributed... I have watched some YouTube vids on different exhaust systems and they all are awesome! I am going to attend the Corvette show in Carlisle next month so I'm hoping to have an exhaust system narrowed down by then and possibly purchase some wheels there too. Will post what I purchase after the show :)

Thanks again,

LegendRacer

You know you can get any brand of aftermarket exhaust installed free at Carlisle, don't you? Same goes for new wheels. The many hundred private sellers will probably have sets of used wheels too. See you there.

Quite a bit of difference in size,
019a71caa9731774a8d61d63d849ce16.jpg

Quite a bit of difference in size,
019a71caa9731774a8d61d63d849ce16.jpg

That might explain the lower tone on heavy acceleration

Wheels and Tires

Hi, I have a 2000 black convertible. I got it Nov 2014. It has Foose wheels and 19 inch Falkens on the front and 20 inch Continental Extremes on the rear.

I'm thinking about taking those off and getting stock rims and mounting the new Continental Extremes on them. They are VERY quiet tires and stick like glue in the wet.

So that leads me to ask, Have you thought about a swap? Mine still have pretty good tread, another 15,000 miles or more.

Attachments

• foose wheel.jpg
    foose wheel.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 2014_12_12_12_07_23.jpg
    2014_12_12_12_07_23.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 2014_12_12_12_06_05.jpg
    2014_12_12_12_06_05.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 149

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom