Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport pfadt alignment on c6 grand sport

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

danno1400i

Corvette
2011 grand sport arctic white
:)had my car aligned to the pfadt racing specs I read about for good tire wear, but It seems to wander. has anyone else experienced this?

pfadt align

I had the specs and had it done at a chevy dealer. gave them the specific for daily driver. and have the report in hand.

Well, mine isn't a GS or Z, but, I think, those are the specs (performance street) I used and don't have any wandering.

pfadt

time for service, so I will take it to another dealer, and have it checked out

I had the specs and had it done at a chevy dealer. gave them the specific for daily driver. and have the report in hand.

I don't see any specs for Daily Driver??

Elaine

It just may be that without all the camber the car will wander. If u went below gm camber spec. That is what is causing the problem.
easy fix.
:thumb

I took out the camber on all my C6s after I stopped doing track days, and did the same for the Stingray. It handles fine on the street without the negative camber. It doesn't roam, plow or oversteer. The tires lasted an easy 25K miles on the C6s. The avatar pic under my name was taken at VIR with zeroed camber. Still did everything a Vette should do.

Last edited:
Now I wonder why all race cars are concerned about camber.
;LOL

I don't see any specs for Daily Driver??

Elaine

The pfadt street specs are basically same as factory with tighter tolerances. The alignment tech will pull up the specs for your car and will typically adjust until he sees green boxes for all 4 corners. The factory specs are quite wide for tolerance, hence the varying tire wear issues people claim. The pfadt specs are closer in tolerance, the additional camber on the more aggressive alignments won't hurt tire wear nearly as much as toe settings. Since I track my car, I set the camber more aggressively but with 0 toe in front and slightly negative in rear (less than 1/8th total toe-in).

The combination of wide tires, square shouldered tires, and stiff walled tires all contribute more towards wandering on the freeway than alignment settings do. My settings help minimize wandering but also give good track performance, and you still have to pay attention when driving.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom