Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! C-5 Oil Pressure at 130?

Lakotah

Corvette
1999 Pewter coupe
My DIC says my oil pressure is 130lb's. Totally impossible but that's what it says. I'm starting here for information on where to start looking to fix this. Other than that my C-5 has been running pretty well at 90k+ miles, now that my ground issue's seem to be fixed.

Up-date 11/20/17.................Yup........it was that oil pressure sensor all right. What rascal to get to. I managed to get to the sensor by inserting a piece of sheet metal between the cowl and the wiring and vacuum hose just below it so as not to cut through them. Using a miniature circular saw blade I very carefully cut a rectangular hole through the cowl to access the sensor. After replacing the sensor I pop riveted a piece of sheet metal under the hole then placed the piece I cut out back in place an pop riveted it down to secure it then very carefully filled the slot I cut with black silicone. Turned out pretty good I must say. Time and patience was the key here. Should be easier next time. Oil pressure reading back to normal.
I'll tell you, I feel better doing it this way verses removing the top half of my engine and stirring up more potential problems.

Last edited:
My DIC says my oil pressure is 130lb's. Totally impossible but that's what it says. I'm starting here for information on where to start looking to fix this. Other than that my C-5 has been running pretty well at 90k+ miles, now that my ground issue's seem to be fixed.

Sending units in C5s are well known to fail/go bananas. Just replaced mine.

Make sure you didn’t accidentally switch to metric gauge readings. If good, the sending units are known to go bad as stated previously.

It's a COMMON failure. I did a repair thread on how to fix it here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom