Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Broken vacuum line

dsimmonds53

Corvette
1997 Silver C5
After coming close to taking a front fender off to get to the vacuum tank, I found a broken vacuum line under the battery box.
According to the shop manual it's the I/P harness vacuum line. My problem is, I can't find the other end where it goes into the Dashboard.
I put everything back together and decided enough stress for today.
What I need is an idea of where the line enters the Dashboard and connects to the system. It's a manual heat /AC setup. Not the auto AC type.
I'd like to be able to control where the air is directed, and i believe the broken line is the answer to the problem. Can anybody help me locate where the Vacuum line enter the I/P.

help.gif

Thanks in advance.
David

I haven't had to look at mine to see, but it should go in through the firewall by the harness. Look all along the firewall from the intake manifold back and see if you can find it.

I had my battery box apart today and found a broken vacuum line. While poking around in there I saw where the line entered the firewall. It just went through a grommet with the wiring harness. You might have to just wiggle harnesses around to find it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

thanks

I had my battery box apart today and found a broken vacuum line. While poking around in there I saw where the line entered the firewall. It just went through a grommet with the wiring harness. You might have to just wiggle harnesses around to find it.

Sounds like exactly what I found. What's the chance you can stick a cell phone in there and get a photo to Post.

You've helped a lot, but a photo would be amazing.

Thanks a million
David

Sorry, I had already put it all back together by the time I read this. No pics.

Thanks

Sorry, I had already put it all back together by the time I read this. No pics.

Thanks for the direction. I removed the battery and battery box. Expecting a full day of hunting and driving myself crazy, I found the other end of the broken line in less than two minutes. I unwrapped the harness and patched with a piece of windshield washer tubing and heat shrink.
Works like new.

Many many thanks

:happyanim:
David

Glad you found found it. I know what a headache it can be.

Bouncing on the thread because my new to me dual auto AC is not changing the air flow port while selecting anything else than windshield. Can this be due to flawed vacuum line?
thx in advance,
TCFS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom