Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1998 convertible

rlg4675

Corvette
1994 admril blue coupe
So I have been offered a 1998 convertible 6 speed for $8k, down side is it has 150,000 miles on it. It is offered by the second owner. The second owner bought it off the original owner in 2005 and has put the vast majority of the miles on it. It looks to be very clean and the owner has all of the service records on it. He has added c6 wheels exhaust and a cold air intake in the years he has owned it. It is silver with a black top.

Does this sound like a decent deal? is 150k too many miles?
I know its all subjective but I am wondering if this sounds like a good deal or a should I look else where ?

I currently own a 1994 automatic coupe with 90,000 miles on it, and have been looking at buying a C5 .

Thank you for any thoughts on this matter.

Kelley's Blue Book thinks $8k is a good price for a '98 with that sort of mileage.

If it has been maintained well, it should last a lot longer.
There are always issues with a car 20+ years old. Take it out for a test drive and see if you like it.

So I have been offered a 1998 convertible 6 speed for $8k, down side is it has 150,000 miles on it. It is offered by the second owner. The second owner bought it off the original owner in 2005 and has put the vast majority of the miles on it. It looks to be very clean and the owner has all of the service records on it. He has added c6 wheels exhaust and a cold air intake in the years he has owned it. It is silver with a black top.

Does this sound like a decent deal? is 150k too many miles?
I know its all subjective but I am wondering if this sounds like a good deal or a should I look else where ?

I currently own a 1994 automatic coupe with 90,000 miles on it, and have been looking at buying a C5 .

Thank you for any thoughts on this matter.

It all depends on the condition of the vehicle and all of the service history. 150K miles is not too many miles on a well maintained, well taken care of vehicle. Have it inspected on a hoist by someone who knows these vehicles, the under car condition can usually tell you a lot about it.

Has the clutch ever been done? If not , it's big fairly expensive job. Tires can be expensive. Brakes are not overly expensive and easy to do. Make sure you check all the electrical functions of the vehicle. Check for current and history codes in the DIC. If you are paying someone knowledgeable to check the vehicle over (highly recommended) these should all be done for you.

vett1.jpgvette2.jpgvette 3.jpgvette 4.jpg

Attachments

• vett02.jpg
    vett02.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 134

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom