Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 vs C6

I've had 2 C5s and 3 C6s. I still have my last C6 - 2013 427 Vert 60th Anny.
Each new generation offers better ride and handling than the previous.
The C6 offers a 6-speed automatic while the C5 has the 4-speed auto. Both can be had with a 6-speed manual (my choice).
Generally, buy the newest Vette you can afford and with the options you want.

I've had 2 C5s and 3 C6s. I still have my last C6 - 2013 427 Vert 60th Anny.
Each new generation offers better ride and handling than the previous.
The C6 offers a 6-speed automatic while the C5 has the 4-speed auto. Both can be had with a 6-speed manual (my choice).
Generally, buy the newest Vette you can afford and with the options you want.
Thanks for the response!

I liked my C5 a lot. Good performance, nice ride, good interior passenger space, good gas mileage, nice road car with lots of space for luggage. But 007 (my C6) is better in all respects. I too, have the 6M trans in 007.

I liked my C5 a lot. Good performance, nice ride, good interior passenger space, good gas mileage, nice road car with lots of space for luggage. But 007 (my C6) is better in all respects. I too, have the 6M trans in 007.
cool

One at a time....

I've had 2 C5's and 2 C6's. The C6 is a more refined version but I like the C5 looks better.
Thats my thing, I definitely like the looks of the C5 vice the C6s and 7s. May be a while before I get one but I am loving the looks of the C8

I have C5 Z06 and C6 ZR1 (both 6 speed manual) and can not decide. ;-) C6 has better performance, handling etc. but C5 has better look, pop-up lights (great gadget) and possibility to read about cars problem on DIC w/o connection of special computer. I think C5 is better eye-catcher.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom