Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Wheel Bearing replacement

rep69

Hello. I have a 1969 with a bad right rear wheel bearing. I am in the Norfolk, VA area. Does any one know a mechanic in my area that works on c3 corvettes? Thanks

I am still waiting on my car to be fixed. The car has been in the shop for a year. Are other members having a problem receiving parts? I understand not everyone can work on c3 differentials. Thanks

I haven't tried to order rear trailing arm parts in a while but that seems excessive. I do order other parts for Corvettes and other projects and have had only minor delays. Do you know where they are trying to get parts from? Are they looking for just a bearing or do you need a spindle or complete trailing arm assembly? These aren't the easiest things to get apart and quite often more is damaged and needing replaced than just the bearings. Try calling Corvette Central and inquire about the availability of the individual parts or complete assemblies. They also offer a trailing arm rebuild service. If they tell you they have the parts then you will know you have been jerked around for a year.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom