Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hyper car level performance

ChildishEgg

The fastest Corvette in the world is a naturally aspirated and HEAVILY modified Corvette C4. The top speed tops out at 270 MPH. The Koenigsegg Agera RS tops out at 277 MPH, A multi-million dollar hypercar has neck and neck competition with a Corvette C4. If a C4 can do this, just imagine a Corvette C7 ZR1. Anyone who likes to shit on American cars or likes to say that Corvette’s are not super cars are proven wrong.

"Sledgehammer" is the one you are referring to. I believe, it's top speed was 255mph.
Sledgehammer: When Callaway Built a 255-mph C4 Corvette, the World Took Notice | IMSA

I saw Sledgehammer at 'Vettes on the Rockies' in 2005. I didn't know, at the time, that I was in the presence of history.

8pg2ciL.jpg

2VkWCPt.jpg

kJ1AA9u.jpg

That's not exactly what I would call a 'hyper-car' that appears to me to be a Bonneville top speed car. I consider a "hyper-car" one that can do more than JUST top speed. However, that is a pretty impressive speed in a C4....Do the reading about "Sledgehammer", not THAT I would consider a 'hyper-car'

That's not exactly what I would call a 'hyper-car' that appears to me to be a Bonneville top speed car. I consider a "hyper-car" one that can do more than JUST top speed. However, that is a pretty impressive speed in a C4....Do the reading about "Sledgehammer", not THAT I would consider a 'hyper-car'
I don’t consider it a hyper car, I just said it had hyper car level performance. I’ll look up the sledgehammer. It seems interesting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom