Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stuck Clutch Pedal In 98

C

C44335

Went in the garage to go for a short spin .
I almost went thru the wall, good thing my foot was firmly on the brake pedal.
The clutch pedal is stuck down. I can pull it up but it will stay down if I Press it again. It acts if as the release bearing isn't. It has plenty of fluid.
Car was fine friday. Nightly temps have been around 30 the last couple of nights.
Any ideas???

Hello, and welcome to the CAC,
As for your issue, as long as you are not having any fluid loss, they you may have a clutch master cylinder that is not translating pressure to the slave cylinder.
There is a small percentage of issues with leakage at the slave, however, normally, it is due to air intrusion.
Please let us know how you make out, and that your fluid level in in order.
We will try to help further, besttoyou, c4c5:hb

The fluid level was maybe 1/8" below correct level.
It's NASTY looking stuff, almost black in color.
After draining resv and refilling, I kept operating the clutch.
Some pedal feel has come back.
I'm still going to have the car flatbedded into work(It's a GM Dealership) for further checking.
Regardless of what I find I'm going to have the system flushed out.

Stuck Clutch

I know how you feel. I hate the tranny & hydraulics in my C5. I would have a qualified tech bleed the whole system & flush it. Then refill with synthetic ATF. I think you will find a much better feel. I'm sure they will check to see if you have slave/master problems also. I had nasty black fluid in mine too. I have been sucking out the resevoir every weekend & putting new fluid back in. It is getting alittle better each time. It seems you need to drop the exhaust in order to get to the bleeder. I have been avoiding this, so I am cheating by draining te resevoir each weekend. Let us now how it works out- SCOTT

Sticky clutch pedal

The fluid level was maybe 1/8" below correct level.
It's NASTY looking stuff, almost black in color.
After draining resv and refilling, I kept operating the clutch.
Some pedal feel has come back.
I'm still going to have the car flatbedded into work(It's a GM Dealership) for further checking.
Regardless of what I find I'm going to have the system flushed out.

I sure hope you get a break on the cost of that service at your Dealership because it's $300.00 FOR THE FIRST 2 HRS WHICH YOU PAY UP FRONT BEFORE THEY EVEN LOOK AT YOUR CAR:mad:mad

I know how you feel. I hate the tranny & hydraulics in my C5. I would have a qualified tech bleed the whole system & flush it. Then refill with synthetic ATF. I think you will find a much better feel. I'm sure they will check to see if you have slave/master problems also. I had nasty black fluid in mine too. I have been sucking out the resevoir every weekend & putting new fluid back in. It is getting alittle better each time. It seems you need to drop the exhaust in order to get to the bleeder. I have been avoiding this, so I am cheating by draining te resevoir each weekend. Let us now how it works out- SCOTT

Gosh. . . When I hated the tranny in my C5 I made them get out and walk!

Good luck
Tank
:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom