Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Opinions and input} AeroBody - What would you like to see styled into the next gen?

What you would focus upon, if you were the designer of the new AeroBody

• Retro Cues from the C4 AeroBody incorporated

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Cues of the C6R race car incorporated

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Totally radical and exotic like the C12

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Wide & aggressive like the new C6 Z06 on steroids

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Subtle & classy changes

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

*89x2*

Thanks for taking the time to click on this topic - Please take a second to vote on what you would like to see incorporated into the next AeroBody if you were the designer :cool

Daydreaming about what is coming from the stylists @ Callaway Cars, I wondered what others were thinking about when it comes to the new body style :confused

About a year ago, some initial designs were published in a magazine and there has been some addl. discussion abou the body since however, in the meantime, we can all dream a little - right :cool

I look forward to hearing - and if you would like to illustrate your ideas, see what your visions for the next generation Callaway AeroBody would, should, could look like :cool :m

**If there is a poll choice you have in mind that isn't listed, ask and it will be added :upthumbs

For referance, I added these three images - Happy daydreaming :cool

Original AeroBody Styling for the C4's

img_1678.jpg

C12 Styling
100_2899.jpg

C6 Styling:

c607.JPG

C6R Styling:

z06gt3A.jpg

I went with the c4 aero idea's. I think what makes the c4 aero so special is that it isn't just another exotic model. The aerobody is (as far as i know) a aerodynamic improofment on the standard c4 bumpersystem. It shows what muscle there is under the hood and gives it a sort of nascar flavour to it. Imo the corvette just isn't a exotic car like a Ferarri or a Lambo and most of the skirts clips and spoilers try to make it more exotic or more agressive. Callaway or Mr. Deutchman understands how to design or alter a body without putting it into a timeline, it stays timeless. For example, look at the Ferarri F40 compared to a Enzo and compare a C4 Aero with leatherinterieur to a normal C6.. That's the difference between time and timeless i think.
I hope the Aero for the C6 will also be some minor alterations to the total body but enough to make a difference with the normal C6 or ZO6.

Groeten Peter.

A very interesting topic of discussion Chris. I sure hope Callaway's newest family member incorporates flashes of both the classic Aerobody and C12. Lets be honest everyone Callaway's biggest universal home run hitter was their C4 Aerobody vette. Don't get me wrong the styling cues of the C12 are exotic none the least but had an overall lumbar appearance to me. (to much overhang styling) In addition I believe the final price swayed many potential buyers away. If Paul Deutschman could design a body with noticeable resemblances of the Aerobody with a fine balance of exoticness, could they add another classic timeless platform to their family.

Has Callaway Cars reps or Paul Deutschman contacted any of you all for your personal inputs on likes and dislikes on their previous designs. I think they should......

Take care everyone
Johnny

Guys. I agree that there is a certain something in the C4 AeroBody that hopefully will trasfer into the newest Callaway designs.

A few of us have seen various renditions of some ideas however, now that the new "wide body Z06" is out, things can always change to suit.

I do know the C12 was very cost-prohibitive to construct from a mass production standpoint. There was a lot that went into stretching the chassis width to two-meters wide and the $12,000 suspension control arms certainly added up and into that cost :eek

Hopefully the wide, agressive stance the new Z06 has, can be factored into the new cars :cool It would also be neat to see some "retro" in the mold - not retro like the new Challenger is retro, but rather, a familiar look in some of the lines or other distictive features :cool

HuggerC8 said:
Has Callaway Cars reps or Paul Deutschman contacted any of you all for your personal inputs on likes and dislikes on their previous designs. I think they should......

Take care everyone
Johnny

Johnny, I agree with many of your thoughts on the matter and I apreciate everyone taking the time to answer the poll and type in their comments :cool - Who knows, maybe Callaway & Deutschman will be watching this ;) :w :v

Chris,
If possible can you please post some pictures of a C12's lower control arms. Does anyone know what ever happened to that one C12 that was nearly totalled at GM's testing grounds?

Johnny

HuggerC8 said:
Chris,
If possible can you please post some pictures of a C12's lower control arms. Does anyone know what ever happened to that one C12 that was nearly totalled at GM's testing grounds?

Johnny

Johnny, I'll have to look through some pics - I am sure there are some ctrl. arm pics somewhere...

re: the one C12 story, there are at least three ppl I know of who have knowledge of that story here, online :ugh

Something like the bodykit made by geigercars.de would be pretty interesting. I'm sure Callaway would manage to make a MUCH more beautiful design however.
geigerc6_02_xl.jpg
klein1.jpg
klein2.jpg

geigerc6_05_xl.jpg

I like it on the black car, but the rear looks like crap on the yellow one. I think the yellow was the test model though...

I would like to see it styled after the new C6r . With Callaway's track record with building incredibly fast cars with great styling and performance it would be great to see them do well on racing circuit again and then bring it to the street.

Well, to counter that with my 4th gen Camaro knowledge ;)....

There was a bodykit that came out in the '90s that was designed to look like the kit used on the C8 -- you can tell because of the fins on the front bumper. I believe it is actually still in production and sold, however the fit and finish of the kit is very below standard. In fact, the Testarossa appliques only have 3M adhesive on the back to hold them onto the car I've heard.

I believe it is called the "Razzi 2000 ground effects system." It's a really disappointing (obviously), obscure kit. The front bumper might be worth it's weight in fiberglass though... it would look pretty good if you were able to fix the 'ugly' near the wheel well. For the vast majority of people out there that love the C8 kit, except the front bumper, this front bumper might be a good investment if you can find it.

I think HuggerC8 was actually looking for something like this, but it never hit me that I should email him about it.

Sorry for the quality, but it was a huge file size before compression. If anyone would like larger pics that haven't been destroyed by compression, email me at speedbbb at aol.com

razzi2000.jpg

Looks like the votes are leaning towards "Wide & aggressive like the new C6 Z06 on steroids" along with "Retro-cues from the original C4 style AeroBody" :cool

I was going through some old papers over the weekend and saw a press release w/ the C6 AeroBody - the one w/ the tail blocked out - Hopefully we will all get to se the exciting new body soon, the anticipation is rough! :eek

Hugger/Johnny...how is Germany?...drink a pils for me.

Here are photos of the C12 arm from Ernst's shop and LeMans
I was in the Comp shop when a red C12 was on the frame rack it appeared to have significan front damage with replacments going on..This was back in 2002 or 2003...too much pils
Untitled-15.jpg

P3081377.jpg

c123.jpg

I like the geiger and I also saw a snake skinner vararam car that had a very agressive body kit.

I thought the c6 would look like the tiger shark which would be fine.

if we could blacken the headlights with a electro fluid, and make the front end more agressive the c6 has some nice lines.

the current smiling puppy face doesn't do it for me like the old c4 aerobody and the c4 zr1 geiger cars did. very swoopy and exotic and functional at the same time.

the c6r body work isn't really all that hot looking compared to the alternatives.

the LPE c6 vert ccw 505 wheels and the caravaggio z06 hips looked pretty nice at skyline!!

Chris, do you have some spypicture's of the new Aerobody? :)
If it's not to be made public at this time.. you know my email address ;)

Groeten Peter.

Peer81 said:
Chris, do you have some spypicture's of the new Aerobody? :)
If it's not to be made public at this time.. you know my email address ;)

Groeten Peter.

Peter, I wish I could share - Out of respect for the company & the info they do share, I cannot post any pics at this time.

When I can, you will see them here first :cool

Regards,
C.

...I was thinking a bit more about this - Cars such as the 911 series, have seen changes in the 40+ years of production however, they all have a familiar look to them.

912, 911, 959, 993 - they all share the same cues of one another -

How would this be received with a C6 AeroBody??

In my opinion, the C6 already has many cues of the C4's - squared rear fenders vs. the C5's rounded design. And the nose could have a "Classic AeroBody" look integrated into it :cool

Widen the car a bit, as the polls have shown, that is what you want - but combine it with the familiar cues of the Classic AeroBody shape, and I think you have a winner :upthumbs

Am I alone in this thinking???

Let's hear your thoughts :beer :v

The most important change to me is the retro choice to be able to select any engine. In otherwords, the ability to have a choice of engines available in any body style and not limited to a ZO6. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom