Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Color opinions please

gameprop

Corvette
2007 Lemans Blue Z06 & 1970 Green LT-1 Coupe
I'm getting ready to order my 2007 (dealer has Z06 allocation) and need some input on color. I buy a new Vette every year or two and usually pick color and option combos that are very easy to resale. This week I was told that yellow and blue are on constraint. I know you can't go wrong with black but I just sold my 2006 triple black vert and I never get the same color back to back. I find that I have been through most or all of the colors presently offered for the Z06 and I'm seriously considering going Atomic Orange with this one. It's a pretty hot color on a very hot car but again, I have to think a little more than most about resale. I'm assuming AO will be one of the lower (if not the lowest) production. Does this and the fact that it's a Z06 remove most of the resale risk in your opinion?

I think you'll be able to resell any color Z06, but why would you ever want one in anything but yellow? :D

Typically I do love yellow - had a Millennium Yellow 2004 roadster. Not crazy about the new yellow and at least 50% of the Z06's I have seen have been this color. Thought I'd try and differentiate a little this time. Yellow is great - there's alot of CAC members who agree with you.

Make sure that you see the atomic orange in person, not just pictures, before you order. I saw my first atomic orange 07 at Kerbecks last weekend and I really like the DSOM much better. I think they made a mistake by doing away with DSOM for atomic orange. For resale you can't go wrong with red or black.

COLORS

I had a 76 L82 Orange,an 87 Callaway TT Black, a 90 Red Callaway TT, an 03
Red Z06 and now Have a Velocity Yellow 06 Z06. In my opiniont the yellow was the best of all. Good luck with your choice.
59-62USNVET

I would suggest a more traditional color choice if you are considering selling in a year or so..

Red, Black, Yellow, Blue and the last color I would chose is the orange..

Not a flame to those who like it but rather consider it will create a narrow range of buyers for your car when you go to sell it..

(I would not consider an orange preowned car even though I think its interesting..)

My favorite color for the 07 C6 Z06 is black but you mentioned you don't like to go back to back...with the same color..

Resale red is a winner. IMO (maybe not more money but a much faster resale)

I'll third it

Tuna said:
I'll second that vote.

I'll third that vote for Atomic Orange, although like Lucy I liked the DSOM much better.

Happy shopping!

:w Barbie

Orange

Since you can afford the loss on the resale, the car should be the first consideration--get the bestest, prettiest, zingiest color--definitely not Regular Red--but the darker Monterey Red is gorgeous. Also not Common Yellow. I have seen the Lemans Blue, and like it a lot. But I really like my DSOM (it is a standout color!), and have the impression from pics that the Atomic is fairly similar.
Gersh

I liked the DSOM too but have heard that GM just "didn't get it quite right the first time" and that Atomic Orange is supposed to be the needed tweak to make the color the success they had initially hoped for. Any other thoughts/rumors out there on this? Also, I liked your comment about Monterey Red and agree that it's an awesome color (I'd put it #1 on my list) but have also heard that it's not available on 2007 Z06's - is this correct?

I parked my DSOM next to an Atomic Orange 07 at Kerbecks two weeks ago and I really like my DSOM better. I think they had it right to begin with and can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks when the new Atomic Orange cars start showing up.

I can only offer a word of advice that was passed on to me by a friend in the used car business years ago:Never buy a car in a "trendy" color - you may have problems getting rid of it when it's not so trendy."

The Best Color

Here's my vote - MS shows the lines better than any other color IMO.

IMG_4453-with-NEW-logo-SMAL.jpg

I'm assuming AO will be one of the lower (if not the lowest) production. Does this and the fact that it's a Z06 remove most of the resale risk in your opinion?

If 2006 DSOM production is any indicator, the AO will have the lowest production numbers. I would guess that this might make the car more valuable in 20-30 years, but probably not 2-3 years. Here's the breakdown for exterior colors in 2006:

2006 Model Year Corvette Z06 Production Totals:
LMB - 671 units, 10.7%
Black - 1672 units, 26.7%
VY - 1464, 23.3%
MSM - 978 units, 15.6%
DSOM - 282 units, 4.5%
VR - 1205 units, 19.2%

Z06 Color

Well, the cops like yellow the best and red the next best.

Frankly I go with their choices - I think the orange will deliver the worst resale value of any of the available colors.

BG

Well, the cops like yellow the best and red the next best.

Frankly I go with their choices - I think the orange will deliver the worst resale value of any of the available colors.

BG

I agree, it is a 'cool' and 'trendy' color now... but years from now it may get old.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom