Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

383 stroker

69dream

Corvette
1969 Lemans Blue Coupe
I am thinking of purchasing a 383 stroker from T and L engines from ebay. Anyone out there had any experience with either? The engine would be installed in my 69 coupe.

I bought my 383 stroker short block from Revolutionary Performance and Machine in Tn. I think they also sell complete engines. I don't have it in the car yet, but the shop that assembled the rest of the engine builds strictly race motors and they said it looked loke a good product. Price was around $2000.00.

My only advice is to buy your motor from somewhere close to your house, that way if you have problems you have easier access to the source...

I am thinking of purchasing a 383 stroker from T and L engines from ebay. Anyone out there had any experience with either? The engine would be installed in my 69 coupe.

Got my 383 short block from www.theenginestore.com. Kent will work with you on what you want as far as complete engine, short block, long block, etc., and you can pick your own brand parts. Mine has been running for a little over a year with no problems. Prices were competitive, and workmanship was outstanding.

They also sell on E-Bay, but I just contacted them direct.

Got my 383 short block from www.theenginestore.com. Kent will work with you on what you want as far as complete engine, short block, long block, etc., and you can pick your own brand parts. Mine has been running for a little over a year with no problems. Prices were competitive, and workmanship was outstanding.

They also sell on E-Bay, but I just contacted them direct.

I've purchased engine parts from The Engine Store through eBay many times.

While I've never purchased an engine, they do have good prices on parts, excellent service, and quick shipment. Good folks.

Stay Far Away from Fivestar Engines and Cylinder head out of Phoenix AZ. You will see thier junk on eBay...
RUN!

The "management" are not the type of people I'd recommend anyone to do business with.
Trust me...

My only advice is to buy your motor from somewhere close to your house, that way if you have problems you have easier access to the source...
I agree 100% ... I build my own.

I have heard only good things about T&L ... including anecdotes from a pro racer friend whose T&L experience preceded the advent of ebay/crates via internet. I've never had any relationship w/ T&L.

Also, I cannot help but pointing out that when someone badmouths a builder ... there can be instances where that tattletale's PRIMARY and DIRECT relationship w/ builder has little or nothing to do with a motor's merchantability or servicability ... but does have most or all to do with a separate but failed business proposition. Do a deep search; there's a concrete example.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom