Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Computer question

C

copper94

OK...here is the question...I have a '94 coupe...the computer is under the hood, drivers side....it is the silver metal box with the vent slots... on top and 4 plugs in the back, etc....I notice that the '93 coupes have a black box with different connection types on the back...anyone have reasons for the change?

anyone know of a flat black case for 94 available....I have seen them in chrome

thanks!!!!!

OK...here is the question...I have a '94 coupe...the computer is under the hood, drivers side....it is the silver metal box with the vent slots... on top and 4 plugs in the back, etc....I notice that the '93 coupes have a black box with different connection types on the back...anyone have reasons for the change?

thanks!!!!!

12 pin vs 16 pin access maybe???

http://corvettebuyers.com/c4vettes/ecm.htm

thanks!!!!!
I have Polished the Crap out of the newer ones with Semi-Chrome!!:D :upthumbs

thanks!!!!!
Where can the "chrome case" be purchased as your stated in your post?

Could it be this

In 93 Chevrolet was still using the 4L60 Auto Transmission. This transmission had it's shift point controlled by cable from the ASR. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe in 94 Chevrolet went to the 4L60E Auto transmission the E designates electronic shift control. This would have required an ECM with that programed into it. For that reason I do not believe you can substitute the 93 for the 94.:)

In 93 Chevrolet was still using the 4L60 Auto Transmission. This transmission had it's shift point controlled by cable from the ASR. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe in 94 Chevrolet went to the 4L60E Auto transmission the E designates electronic shift control. This would have required an ECM with that programed into it. For that reason I do not believe you can substitute the 93 for the 94.:)

That sounds correct to me John, I believe the 94 also went back to MAF instead of speed density EFI, quite a few differences actually.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom