Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Won't start

B

beachrover

I washed my engine today without first searching the forum for tips. I covered everything I could see. After washing, I ran the engine for about 20 minutes, backed it in the garage and began cleaning the interior.

1 1/2 hours later, it won't start and sounds like it jumped timing. Did I do something to the ?Optispark? Is this something that will clear up and if so how long or do I need to go ahead and call the wrecker?

Bet your booties it is the Opti and it is not going to get better. When you replace it get the newer Opti with the vent.

Our 93 had more Optis than Oil changes in the short time we owned it... all of the failures were caused by water.

Maybe since it started once it will start again. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it drys in a day or so for ya.

The problem is not just the water - the contacts inside the Opti corrode from being wet.

We took one from one of the Navy boys F body cars apart and cleaned/rebuilt it. It worked OK for a few months but he ended up replacing it in the long run.

The problem is not just the water - the contacts inside the Opti corrode from being wet.

We took one from one of the Navy boys F body cars apart and cleaned/rebuilt it. It worked OK for a few months but he ended up replacing it in the long run.

Thanks for the replies. Nothing has worked so its a rollback ride to the dealer tomorrow.:cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom