Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1994 Radio Wiring Diagram - Please Help!

GuyzVette

Corvette
Polo Green 1994 LT-1
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for a 1994? I am staring at a gaping hole, trying to put in an aftermarket system. I've searched and searched and haven't found what I need. I'm looking for the key-on wire. I've seen so many references to a yellow wire, and I don't have one!

I've got black is ground, orange is constant hot. Can't find the key on wire.

Please help.
Guy

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for a 1994? I am staring at a gaping hole, trying to put in an aftermarket system. I've searched and searched and haven't found what I need. I'm looking for the key-on wire. I've seen so many references to a yellow wire, and I don't have one!

I've got black is ground, orange is constant hot. Can't find the key on wire.

Please help.
Guy

If you look in the storage bin behind the passenger seat you'll see the Bose Receiver. The yellow wire is there.

Open up your center console door. At the front, under the piece of carpet, should be some wiring that is labeled. It is my understanding this wiring is for aftermarket accessories you might want to install.

SAVE THE :w

If you look in the storage bin behind the passenger seat you'll see the Bose Receiver. The yellow wire is there.

Note: The Black wire at the Bose Radio Control head goes to the Bose Receiver which grounds that wire. So if you remove the Bose Receiver, you need to ground that Black wire. I don't have a scanner but if no one posts the schematics, I can get you the pin outs on Wednesday.

You are better off and it is easier to run new wires from the fuse block. You can leave the entire factory wiring in place in the unlikely event that someone should wish to return the car to ¨Original Condition¨.

The Radio Fuse is always hot. It should have an Orange wire coming from the fuse block.

For the Key On line you can pick up a low current feed from the Cruise fuse (3Amp) which is yellow or a higher current feed from the Power Accessory Ckt. Breaker which is a larger Orange/black wire.(30 Amps)

Pull a dedicated ground wire from one of the Chassis ground points.

They make a Bose or non-bose wire harness adapter for aftermakrket stereo's. It takes the entire guess work out of it. Most car stereo stores carry them or you can order it from crutchfield. This is what I used for my ex-89'. The sizing of the face is different for the 94. 94 is alot narrower. If you cant find the adapter, I'll be happy to look up the info in my service manual as I also have a 94'. I left the stereo stock for now in this one. Post back and let us know, Id look it up now but Im getting ready to leave for a few hours,

They make a Bose or non-bose wire harness adapter for aftermakrket stereo's. It takes the entire guess work out of it. Most car stereo stores carry them or you can order it from crutchfield. This is what I used for my ex-89'. The sizing of the face is different for the 94. 94 is alot narrower. If you cant find the adapter, I'll be happy to look up the info in my service manual as I also have a 94'. I left the stereo stock for now in this one. Post back and let us know, Id look it up now but Im getting ready to leave for a few hours,
Says:
Orn. Battery input
PPL/wht: led input
GRY/BLK: LCD control
GRY: Incandescent light control
DK GRN/WHT: Speed Compensated Volume Control
DK GRN: Data Link
PPL: Ignition In
DK GRN: Data in/out
BRN/wht: Left audio out
DK GRN/WHT: right audio out
BLK/WHT: Audio common
Red/Wht: Battery power in
BLK: Radio Ground in
Pink: +14volts in

Heres the wire definitions if you decide you ever need them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom