Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

High flow CAT?

82Redo

Corvette
Is the stock catalytic converter on the 1982 Corvette considered "high flow"? I want to put on a Flowmaster system to bump up the power and increase the volume. I want it to sound a little beefier but not obnoxiously loud, any suggestions as to which system? I would like it to fit like the stock system if at all possible. I'm kinda leaning toward the Super 40 or the 50 Delta flow. Any comments would be appreciated.

I don't think so - if it's the original "pellet" type, it's very restrictive, especially at high mileage. I'd replace it with a high-flow "monolith" or "honeycomb" type, which have virtually no restriction. :)

Is the stock catalytic converter on the 1982 Corvette considered "high flow"? I want to put on a Flowmaster system to bump up the power and increase the volume. I want it to sound a little beefier but not obnoxiously loud, any suggestions as to which system? I would like it to fit like the stock system if at all possible. I'm kinda leaning toward the Super 40 or the 50 Delta flow. Any comments would be appreciated.

The 82 Cat is a honeycomb I just hollowed mine out and reinstalled sounds great

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom