Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hardtop for my C6 convertible

Don&Kelly

Corvette
2000 Red Coupe & 2008 Crystal Red Metallic Convert
Does anyone know if they make a after market hardtop that will fir on my C6 convertible - I'd like the standard size (like my convertible) window.

Thanks for your help.

Haven't seen or heard of any yet. Give it a year or two and someone will make one.

A hardtop? Again?? I'm not so sure if I want to go thru that again. Last one I had was with my 96 Collector Edition LT4 6 spd vert. It was always a problem to deal with: had to install a hoist in the garage-a small challange but us average guys can do it; then buy a top carrier (on wheels) to move it around once it's off the car; then build a "ramp" to move it into the house once its off the car; then find a spot to "store" it covered and mounted in the carrier so its out of sight and danger of being damaged while its being stored; then reversing the process to get it back on the car after you center the car under the hoist in the garage; hooking the hoist straps around it and hoisting it up, backing the car into garage and then lowering it onto the car very carefully(it's easy to scratch the car or top during this process), and finally securing it in place. Easy! Piece of cake! Looks great with it on on most cars. Would I do it again????????? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo Way!!!! Not to mention the weight it adds to the car for those who like to run the car on occasion. Food for thought-just my 2 pennies.

Wow. now tell us how you really feel. I had one on my 87 vert. All I did was leave it on the hoist. It was out of the way and out of harm's way.

Wow. now tell us how you really feel. I had one on my 87 vert. All I did was leave it on the hoist. It was out of the way and out of harm's way.
ok, ok I got carried away with this a little, lol, but how I really feel? Hmmmmmmm, well, to sum it up: It would have to be EXTREMELY radically styled otherwise, no thanks! lol

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom