Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Picked up a Screw in RR tire

whitehedr

Corvette
06 Monterey Red Metallic Z51 Coupe
I picked up a screw in the right rear tire of my new C06. Should I take it to the dealer or to Goodyear for the fix? Thoughts and recomendations please.

RWW

Well, I took it to both places. The dealer said it was not repairable. A new tire will be 4490.00. I took it to Goodyear and they said we can fix it....The bill was for $0.00 when I returned to claim the car. Seems as the screw did not penetrate all the way through the tire.

I am very happy that I did not buy a new tire as the dealer recommended.

I am very unhappy at the level of service from the dealer. This dealer is supposed to be one of the best. Now I am not so sure.

RWW

Glad to hear all is well. Truth is the dealer is not a tire company, I would think that with the liabilaty issue and your description of the screw a new tire is thier best solution. JMHO.
:lou

A new tire for $4490.00! Dont think I would be visiting that dealer anytime soon.:L

Typo

Actually, I think 4490 is a typo since the $ is on the 4. It should read $490.

That's still a heck of a lot of money for 1 freakin' tire! 2 large for a set, plus mount and balance?!

Rick
:gap

That's still a heck of a lot of money for 1 freakin' tire! 2 large for a set, plus mount and balance?!

Rick
Now you tell me Rick after I just cancelled my c-6 order.

$490 a tire? I think not. I'm not sure which you have on your car but that is more than $100 more than a Goodyear Eagle EMT from Tire Rack. Sounds like someone is trying to rip you off a bit. I realize you can save some money through Tire Rack but it should be that much.

Leon

Rick

Good catch Rick. It was a typo!!! Sorry for the confusion guys.

The dealer quote was for four hundred ninety dollars for the new tire. I thought it was a little steep, especially since Goodyear determined that the screw had not penetrated the tire and the bill from them to look at it was $0.00.

Always keep the little tire pamphlet in your glove box. Some of the GY dealerships aren't aware of the pro-rated tire program with GM. (Just be happy you aren't looking at Z06 tires...) You better sit down when you price those babys!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom