Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Could I have seen what I think I saw?

Jistari

Corvette
2001 Black on Black A4 Coupe
Sooo...I'm driving down to the Jersey Shore on the Garden State Parkway. The sun is out, the weather is clear, the car is spotless, gleaming and purring like a (rather large) kitten.....beautiful day :lou .
Out of the corner of my eye, I catch something on the other side of the parkway (already behind me when I try to get a good look) that screams out alarm bells in my brain. Nah.....cant be...?:confused
What I thought I saw, was a late model C4, probably red or burgundy...........
with a kayak on top ?! :ugh
By the time I ask wifey (who is normaly about as observant as a falcon after two cans of red bull) the vehicle is too far behind for even her to identify.
Please tell me that this is not possible. Can you even mount a kayak carrier on a C4 ?
I mean far be it for me to cast an unsolicited opinion on the manner in which a fellow corvette owner chooses to enjoy his/her vehicle......but puh-leeze :crazy

Eh...I don't know how it could be done safely. Some of the verts do have bike racks, but I think that is about it.

Followed a guy with a C-4 Coupe that had a blanket on the roof to protect the finish from a stack of 2 X 4's tied there.

I can't imagine the thought process behind that one.

:hb

Mike

I have a C4 and I can think of no safe way to attach anything like that.

Thank gawd. Let's go under the working assumtion that I must be mistaken, maybe it was an older Mazda RX7, one can only hope ;-)

Followed a guy with a C-4 Coupe that had a blanket on the roof to protect the finish from a stack of 2 X 4's tied there.

I can't imagine the thought process behind that one.

:hb

Mike

Find him and take his keys away !!:W

"...a late model C4, probably red or burgundy...........
with a kayak on top ?! "

Rednecks...there everywhere!!!! Vettes are pickup car not pickup truck :duh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom