Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Glad to finally be here. What do ya'll think of my first Corvette C5?

VetteNoob

Corvette
1997 Sebring Silver Metallic Base Coupe
Hi everyone, my name is Matt and I am a first time Corvette owner. I am 27 years old and never imagined that I would be driving my dream car before I went grey. Last week the transmission went out on my Ford Fiesta, may she RIP. When I began searching for new options, I discovered a beautiful 1997 C5 Corvette being sold locally for under 13k with only 56,XXX. When I saw her for the first time in person I was awestruck. I wanted to buy it but the dealer needed to add a passenger side visor before he could legally sell it to me. That night I resolved to be there first thing in the morning, my credit score be damned. I showed up and no more than 15 minutes later two older gentleman came to buy the car for themselves. They should know by now, the early bird gets the worm. I look forward to being part of this community and getting to know ya'll. God bless.

So without further ado, I present Rose, my 1997 C5.

20190307_151042.jpg20190307_144131.jpg20190307_144145.jpg20190307_144058.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Congrats and welcome to the Corvette Action Center Matt! :thumb

Don't worry about a Fiesta resting in peace, they were born dead.

Looks like a nice stock C5, getting a lttle hard to find.

Enjoy the ride.

Thank you sir! This site is excellent.

Welcome to CAC. :w Love the color combo....the same as my first Corvette, back in the early 70s.

1hmUtpG.jpg

WEuRuLW.jpg

Hey Tom ...........

toms-interior-adjusted.jpg
played around with the interior shot of your old C2.
Looks a little better.............
Andy :thumb

That looks good Andy. But my picture is truer to the actual color the interior was (Is, ?? Haven't seen the car in 35+ years)

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!!

I've really been appreciating the welcomes from you guys and seeing your own Vettes. Tom, your first Vette is beautiful. I couldn't be happier with the color combination on my own and it's so great to see that theme continued onto later generations. You must really miss it!

Since the Firethorn was a limited run on the C5s, I would like to keep it as original as possible (replacing or restoring existing schemes). The only thing I really want to upgrade is the stereo but I feel that it might lose value in the long run if I do so. Anybody have any thoughts?

The only thing I really want to upgrade is the stereo but I feel that it might lose value in the long run if I do so. Anybody have any thoughts?

Just a suggestion, but you can leave the existing stereo in place but add a more modern aftermarket stereo in an out-of-sight location.
This is what I did in my C4.
5ecca742010b22addb1a537b25992054.jpg
b8978a3b13926f5f2584c51e0642f443.jpg

I wired a Sony to the speakers but hid the unit in the rear storage tub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've really been appreciating the welcomes from you guys and seeing your own Vettes. Tom, your first Vette is beautiful. I couldn't be happier with the color combination on my own and it's so great to see that theme continued onto later generations. You must really miss it!

Since the Firethorn was a limited run on the C5s, I would like to keep it as original as possible (replacing or restoring existing schemes). The only thing I really want to upgrade is the stereo but I feel that it might lose value in the long run if I do so. Anybody have any thoughts?

You could lose value with any aftermarket addition, just keep all your OEM parts and make sure that the aftermarket installation (what ever the part) does not interfere with putting the OEM part back on by you or the next buyer. Aftermarket stereos are easy to steal and sell by thieves, upgrading a stereo with the stock head unit if possible is always good idea.

Welcome. Looks like a nice unaltered car. I especially like the original wheels. Most of these have been changed to something else by now and you have to have original wheels to be different.

Tom

Congrats & enjoy !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom