Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door Ajar Light

warp8

I have noticed that the Door Ajar light does not come on when the door is opened. The courtesy lights come on and I have tested the bulb on the telltale panel. I looked through the manual and I can't solve it. Any ideas.

I have noticed that the Door Ajar light does not come on when the door is opened. The courtesy lights come on and I have tested the bulb on the telltale panel. I looked through the manual and I can't solve it. Any ideas.
Eddie,
we got 2 switches on the 86, one is in by the hinges (post) the other, a small black plastic switch is is on the rear of the door, that bad boy is your culprit, spray it with WD40 and it should come back to life.
Tom

Eddie,
we got 2 switches on the 86, one is in by the hinges (post) the other, a small black plastic switch is is on the rear of the door, that bad boy is your culprit, spray it with WD40 and it should come back to life.
Tom
How cool!! I wish they were all that easy.

Thanks man!

How cool!! I wish they were all that easy.

Thanks man!
Eddie,
I need your help! (if you have the electronic a/c control system)could you please check out the heater water valve on your car for me, it is under the hood on the passenger side almost on the firewall
it is in line with the heater hoses going into the firewall, there is a thin black vacuum line going into the back, and a rod extending out the front controlling a valve. My question is: when you turn on the heat does the rod pull in?
does it pull all the way in or only like 12 o'clock?
Thanks,
Tom

Eddie,
I need your help! (if you have the electronic a/c control system)could you please check out the heater water valve on your car for me, it is under the hood on the passenger side almost on the firewall
it is in line with the heater hoses going into the firewall, there is a thin black vacuum line going into the back, and a rod extending out the front controlling a valve. My question is: when you turn on the heat does the rod pull in?
does it pull all the way in or only like 12 o'clock?
Thanks,
Tom

With the heat off, the rod is extended (no vac). When you apply heat, vac is applied and the arm goes to about 12 O'clock. Mine doesn't work. There is a module under the dash on the drivers side that has all of the vacuum solenoids. The line is intact but the solenoid seems to be bad. On the few times that I need heat here in Florida, I open it manually and use a screw to hold it open.

Hope that helps.

With the heat off, the rod is extended (no vac). When you apply heat, vac is applied and the arm goes to about 12 O'clock. Mine doesn't work. There is a module under the dash on the drivers side that has all of the vacuum solenoids. The line is intact but the solenoid seems to be bad. On the few times that I need heat here in Florida, I open it manually and use a screw to hold it open.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Ed, mine doesnt work either!
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom