Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My car is skipping

D

DJ85vette

Ok we just bought an 85 Vette. The guy we bought it from said that it ran great til he ran it out of gas. It started skipping and running rough after that. We have replaced the spark plugs and some other stuff. We know that its getting fuel, so we think it might be an ignition problem. Has anybody had a similar problem?

Ok we just bought an 85 Vette. The guy we bought it from said that it ran great til he ran it out of gas. It started skipping and running rough after that. We have replaced the spark plugs and some other stuff. We know that its getting fuel, so we think it might be an ignition problem. Has anybody had a similar problem?

Is that all the time or just under WOT? You could also check the fuel filter under the passenger side door. Something might have clogged it when he ran it out of gas.

Well we checked the fuel filter, and nothing seemed to be stopped up in it. We finally got it running, but it still skips. It also starts to run hot whenever we drive it

These electric in-tank fuel pumps do NOT like to run out of gas!

Knowing it was run out of fuel I'd just replace the pump anyway.

Bill

These electric in-tank fuel pumps do NOT like to run out of gas!

Knowing it was run out of fuel I'd just replace the pump anyway.

Bill

Thats what my initial thought was. Check the fuel pressure, and then try to check it under WOT, and see how far it drops.

What about Seafoam? I have used it in the gas, thottle body, and crankcase. Does wonders. Leveled out my skipping in idle. Worth a try for a $6.00 fix.

87blackroxi
I have not seen you post in a while. Nice to see you again. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom