Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help, Tilt Steering Locked in Full Up Position

Phil

Corvette
2003 Torch Red Z06
Got into my Z06 this morning and the tilt steering was locked in the full up position. The steering wheel still turned and I was able to drive the car, just not very comfortable. It appears that the tilt release handle is not engaged, but rather moves with very little effort. I have reviewed all the great information on the column lock issue that plagues C5's, but it seems this issue relates to the actual steering function. Any ideas?

Solved the problem. As per information I found at Z06Vette.com, I pulled on the tilt steering lever, hit the bottom of the steering wheel, and it came loose. Apparently, this lock-up can happen when you allow the steering wheel to snap up too quickly.

Solved the problem. As per information I found at Z06Vette.com, I pulled on the tilt steering lever, hit the bottom of the steering wheel, and it came loose. Apparently, this lock-up can happen when you allow the steering wheel to snap up too quickly.
Same exact thing happened to my wife's old Malibu. I wish I had known that, I worked a lot harder than that:eyerole.

Hi Phil

I had the exact same problem on my 2004 Torch Red Cpupe when I only had about 3K miles on the car. I didn't have a fix and since it was under warranty, I made the trip to the dealer. No problems since.

aus1

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom