Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Transmission's rebuilt. but Not shifting right. Any advice?

87blackroxi

The tranny finally went after 152,000 miles. I completely lost 3rd and 4th.
Anyway, I just had it rebuilt and picked it up from the shop and drove it to work. Shifts great in 1st and 2nd, but when it gets into 3rd it stutters and is very choppy. I accelerated a little and the car was struggling to go. Finally it shifted to 4th and ran smooth.
I talked to the transmision shop and they said that it's normal. And it takes a few runs for the car to run properly and adjust to the rebuild.
My thoughts: I know our vettes have to reprogram when something changes usually. Does anyone think that's what's happening? Or do you think the tranny's behavior is abnormal?
I would appreciate any thoughts on it. And also if anyone had this happen what was the end result.
thanks

Had my rebuilt about 700 miles back and there was nothing like that in my.

Had my rebuilt about 700 miles back and there was nothing like that in my.
I agree with that!!!!!It should Re-learn its Perimeters purdy quick!! 5 miles Maybe!!:upthumbs

I thought that would be the case. get the car back and it would be as good as new. The only other thing is that the car sat for a couple months before i took it in. Bu it runs fine until third gear! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Something isn't right. I would take it back.

I talked to the transmision shop and they said that it's normal. And it takes a few runs for the car to run properly and adjust to the rebuild.

Hogwash. There is nothing that needs to be "learned"...etc. ANY shop that would say such a thing isn't worthy of working on a Pinto.

They screwed something up, period. It is SOOO easy to miss just one little thing and have something like that happen...I know this from experience! (only took me three teardowns to get it right... :L )

Bill

Hogwash. There is nothing that needs to be "learned"...etc. ANY shop that would say such a thing isn't worthy of working on a Pinto.

They screwed something up, period. It is SOOO easy to miss just one little thing and have something like that happen...I know this from experience! (only took me three teardowns to get it right... :L )

Bill

Kind of wierd. I drove it around a bit and the stutter is gone.
Might be coincedence. but I also tuned it up on the weekend. I'm gonna drive it for a week and see what happens.:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom