Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Roll Bar

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
Is there a production roll bar a guy could buy that would be "kitized" to install in our cars? It doesn't look like to me that there is much protection if the car was to roll. Then maybe a guy could hook some 4 point chest harness to that for added protection? Or would a guy just have to have one built and then install by the seat of your pants?

Half an answer?

Hey Try2pas

There is a roll bar (well - a token jesture steel structure ;LOL) over the roof behind your head, not that I would like to seriously try it out mind you!

Try this link below for harness attachment bars, but I haven't seen an off the shelf full roll bar (hoop and back stays) for a C3, only the custom ones.

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/index.html

Good luck.
:beer
Grant

Autopower, Jegs, Alston, S&W ..most of them sell weld in roll bar kits

Those bolt in things won't do a lot for stiffness or roll protection, being that they bolt to the birdcage. The best is a weld in 4 point roll bar.

I don't know of an off the shelf roll bar design, but off the top of my head, there is an off the shelf ready to go way to put in 4 or 5 point harnesses. Not cheap though - $560.

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/cat...id/62?osCsid=5653139ceecb531fb329a65d116dcd0c

The SharkBar shouldn't be confused with a roll bar. The SharkBar is primarily used as an anchor for a racing harness and optional camera mount. The SharkBar wouldn't provide any roll over protection.

Maybe Dan will stop in to further clarify.

That Top is Tougher than you think!!! C3's and C4's will take a purdy good beaten!! I've even walked away without a scratch from a C4 after hitting Black Ice at 100+, it went over Hard Twice!! And I fixed the Car!!

That top is just very thin stamped steel pieces spot welded together, you can bend it by hand using some brite force.

Here it is, just"stamped pieces in a "U" profile, and the t-bar is even worse...it's just 2 section of steel wedged together.

rearclip4.jpg

Something like this will keep you from loosing your skull cap :)

rearclip9.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom