Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's it worth - Burned Up 65 vert- Sad pics

• Thread starter Diamondback Classics
  • Start date
D

Diamondback Classics

I have the opportunity to purchase a 65 convertible at a sale this week. It will have a salvage title, but it is all there. I have a hand laid front end in the garage already and some of the front chrome. The firewall was not damaged at all. No hard top. A 327 car, 4 spd discs ect. I suspect it will be around the 20k range. Do you think if I ever went to sell it the salvage title will hurt its value? It from all I can tell it is an original paint car..."survivor" if you will. Thanks for your advise. Ron

So the correct way to determine a cars price

Figure out how much it worth ,100 percent done complete, I mean perfect.

I would then think it would take about a 20 percent hit for a salvage title.

Then calculate what it going to cost to get the car to a perfect condition.

Of course i have never been able to purchase a car doing this math,

Normally when I am done repairing/restoring a car I am about 20 percent over what it would have been to purchase a car all ready done.

Somebody has to save that thing.I hope you can get in afourdably.

Wish I knew the story and how the owner made out with his insurance. I would think it wasnt insured with a correct agreeded value coverage or the car would not of been totaled it would have been repaired

Well lets look at it from the other side, it's a $20k car, assuming the nose and associated radiator and all else is gone.
$20k car
$2-$6k Paint
$1k radiator, harnesses and misc
$3k misc
$25k-30k plus your nose, with S/B hood
I would think you could find a nice driver for that price and no risk of engine damage, plus with a one piece nose and a salvage title the car will take a big hit on selling price. I think $20k is to high for the car $15k would be a much better price.

Crapola that's my dream car! (actually in a little BETTER shape than I would like to have)

If only I had some money! :cry

Crapola!

Bill

Crapola that's my dream car! (actually in a little BETTER shape than I would like to have)

If only I had some money! :cry

Crapola!

Bill

I'm sorry to hear your dream car is a nightmare. Prices are out of hand you can not buy a project everyone thinks they are sitting on a pot of gold

I'm sorry to hear your dream car is a nightmare. Prices are out of hand you can not buy a project everyone thinks they are sitting on a pot of gold

Yep, my "dream car" is a nightmare midyear (these are called "midyears" right?). I want one in the worst of conditions, heck missing engine/trans would be ideal....but of course even in that condition it is cost prohibitive.

I don't want it because of what I think it will be worth after "restification"...if I cared about that I wouldn't have the car I do now. :L

I want to build a "midyear C4", ie midyear body with C4 drive train/suspension. Yes yes I know "oh the purist horror!"...but MY GOD what a sweet ride!

I have the opportunity to purchase a 65 convertible at a sale this week. It will have a salvage title, but it is all there. I have a hand laid front end in the garage already and some of the front chrome. The firewall was not damaged at all. No hard top. A 327 car, 4 spd discs ect. I suspect it will be around the 20k range. Do you think if I ever went to sell it the salvage title will hurt its value? It from all I can tell it is an original paint car..."survivor" if you will. Thanks for your advise. Ron

Well we all want to know what did it go for

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom