Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replace front driving light??

Lucy64

Corvette
1964 Red Convertible and 2005 DSOM Z51 Coupe
I just noticed today that my drivers side front driving light is out. How is this light repaced? I am guessing from under the hood?

After spending a little time checking out the car this evening is appears that I have to remove the wheel and unscrew a panel in the wheelwell to get to the lights. Am I right?? and what will I find when I get in there?? Is the driving light a bulb?? and what is the cost??

Does ANYONE know anything about the replacment of the front driving light? I really would like to know what to expect before I remove the front wheel and what appears to be a panel in the wheelwell. I would appreciate any input on this subject.

Hi lucy64,

yes you are correct inthat you must access from the wheel well. Price of the replacement bulb will depend on where you buy it, and brand. My guess average is about $15.00.

Just remember not to touch the bulb with your bare fingers. It will reduce the life of the bulb. The oils from your fingers does that. Try wearing either clothe or rubber gloves. If you do touch it, no problem, just wipe it down with a little alcohol.

Thanks for the info. I think I will just go to my dealer and pick one up if it is only that much $$. It seems that I will have to remove the wheel to access it, I was hoping to be able to get to it without pulling out my jack.

lucy, you do realize that at the dealer it will cost more for a replacement.

Easy. Turn wheels to lock then access through the plastic inner wheel wells by popping off the retainers then gently pull back on the inner well thereby exposing the sockets.

While you're in there,you might want to go with xenon from www.hoen.com bulbs. I changed my highbeams and fogs. ($58 for all 4 bulbs) Ask for the "Corvette kit."

I have on 05 C6 Coupe LeMans Blue, so I was going to replace the amber driving lamps with blue lamps and I saw that area that has to be accessed by removing the tire and the retainer pins, what I did discover is that in most cases you will most likely ruin the retainer pin and have to replace them...no big deal really, unless you go to a dealer that doesn't have a clue what your talking about, the point I am trying to make is that before you remove the cover you might want to go and get the new pins otherwise you might not be able to close the opening, and if it remains open and you drive in rain you gonna get a bunch of water and gunk up in the light housing area, and I don't think you want that.....if your lucky enough to find the retainer pins by item or stock number would you please post it here.....thanks

Easy. Turn wheels to lock then access through the plastic inner wheel wells by popping off the retainers then gently pull back on the inner well thereby exposing the sockets.

It only helps to use the correct web address, when your GIVEN the correct
web address.........!!! :)

It helps to use the correct web address:http://www.hoen-usa.com
Then scroll to the bottom of the page...click on Fog Lamp Bulbs and you should be good to go.

Does anyone know what is involved in replacing the Fog lamp on the 2005 C6 Coupe?

Gee wizz! Tough crowd today! Sorry for the brain fart on my part. I installed those blue bulbs only to find out they don't illuminate worth a darn. I went back to the stockers,PDQ. Now I can see again @ night!

Caddy,
When you use the contraction for you are it is you're. While your in the dictionary I also suggest you look up the word "attitude".

Thanks for the address for HOEN. I saw that last week and placed my order. They arrived 3 days later. Jacked up the car, removed the front wheels and had those things changed in about an hour total. The best tool I have found to pull out the push pins is a nail head pliers set. I don't know if that is the correct name but they are used to cut the head of a nail clean off. I just use them to get underneath the head of the push pin and pull it out. Don't squeeze real hard or they will definitely cut them off. Mine worked great and didn't destroy any. The lights work good too.

Well EXCUSSSSSEE ME you perfect person...I hopy someday all VETTE owners are NOT like you!!!!
But I sure hope you have a nice day....MR. PERFECT!!

I certainly hope this was sarcastic...."while your in the dictionary"?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom