Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Captured! Corvette Blue Devil (Stingray?) Mule In The Flesh

I did not think they could top the new Z06, Dave Hill said that there was no such thing as the Blue Devil.

May bee if I am luckey I will be able to afford a used Z06 when every one starts upgrading to that

I did not think they could top the new Z06, Dave Hill said that there was no such thing as the Blue Devil.

May bee if I am luckey I will be able to afford a used Z06 when every one starts upgrading to that

You believe everything you hear? It's real alright...

I don't understand the speculation of naming it "Stingray" or "Mako Shark". That doesn't make any sense.

Those names signify an entire generation of body style........not a performance option.

When someone says they have a Stingray, you know they have a C2. When someone says they have a Shark, you know they have a C3.

Stingray

C2's are called Sting Rays, and C3's are called Stingrays (one word). The Stingray name was dropped from later C3's.

I would love to see them clean up the hood a little bit on the black car in the photographs and paint the center bulge like a "stinger" from 1967.

I couldn't tell by seeing the pics,the rear wheel/brake ventilation scoops on the rear deck lid. Were they deleted? i also don't remember seeing that large bulge in the bonnet (but I do remember a huge vent for radiator cooling and reduced "lift.")

From GM High Performance Magazine

Corvette "SS to Get New Tremec Six-Speed

Source, GM High Tech Performance Magazine, July 2006

While it's not entirely clear if the new six-speed transmission will be a completely new unit or simply a beefed-up verson of the venerable T56, one thing is for sure; it's going to have to be one hell of a tranny! This new unit will sit behind the 600-plus-horsepower, supercharged 6.2L LS9 engine in the upcoming 2009 Corvette dubbed the "SS" (aka "Blue Devil"). The new six-speed will wear RPO MH3 and is currently only approved for the LS9 Corvette, while supercharged LSA CTS-V can be equipped with either a MYD six-speed automatic or another Tremec MG9 six-speed manual. We'll keep you updated as we learn more!

GM Taking Care of Business

Nasty looking beast isn't it. Not sure if that's the final hood design, but this version looks better than what's been shown in earlier magazine articles.

Remo:cool

untitled3.jpg

Talk about timing. I was planning on getting a Z06 in 2008, maybe I'll have to up grade to the SS. Now I just have to come up with an extra 30K.

As for the name, I'm all for Grand Sport. The original '63 GS's were built to be faster and lighter than the Z06's of the time. Looks like history is repeating its self. Why not keep the name too?

Jason

Talk about timing. I was planning on getting a Z06 in 2008, maybe I'll have to up grade to the SS. Now I just have to come up with an extra 30K.

As for the name, I'm all for Grand Sport. The original '63 GS's were built to be faster and lighter than the Z06's of the time. Looks like history is repeating its self. Why not keep the name too?

Jason

Maybe GS, and that is a thin "Maybe" but, I for one am not thrilled with adding an "SS" designation to it "Corvette SS", sounds sophomoric... Maybe just plain old, "as has been already suggested Z06 R."

Corvette goes back to the future

The Corvette supercoupé has been given a retro makeover that takes it back to the American muscle cars of the past

By Chris Thorp
October 26, 2006
Auto Express News

car_photo_209529_5.jpg

Ready to be unveiled at next week's Speciality Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas, the curvaceous newcomer is the work of independent coachbuilder Anteros.

The swooping rear shoulder line and droop snoot nose are designed to be reminiscent of 'vettes of the Sixties.

Three variants have been produced. The Anteros XTM Roadster is pictured here, while an XTS Targa and an XTR Hardtop are also ready to hit the road.

The trio is built around the latest Corvette ZO6 chassis, but the engine is supercharged. Thought to be shared with the forthcoming high-performance flagship version of the Corvette - nicknamed Blue Devil - the blown 7.0-litre V8 has massive performance potential. In standard naturally aspirated tune the unit delivers 498bhp, but this grows to up to 650bhp in the Anteros. Prices have yet to be announced.

Meanwhile, Corvette's own model development is gaining momentum. The latest prototype of the supercar- beating Blue Devil has recently been out testing at the Nürburgring circuit in Germany, and is now nearing production. The showroom-ready version, to be unveiled next year, should be priced at less than $100,000 (£54,000).

car_photo_209528_5.jpg

car_photo_209527_5.jpg

At first blush, I think this concept is fugly... It has the BMW Z4 swoopy, saggy body line that looks a NYC taxi backed into it... The front is too Ferrari-esqe to retain ANY Corvette heritage.... Nope not for me.....

OH yeah, and fake wood inside? Puhleeze....

Not sure I like that one either. But this 650HP corvette makes me wonder, will they have 3 different engines in the corvette? Doesn't seem likely in todays ecomomy. I thinking the 500HP is the regular, and the 650HP will be the Z06, no matter what the press reports are saying. That said, I see a lot of cheap 400HP Vettes coming on the market in the future. I think I'd like to have one of those!;)

The CCW wheels are great. As for the body design - gulp!:eyerole

Remo:cool

car_photo_209529_5.jpg

THere are cool things about the redesign but I wouldn't go for it. Something about the lines on the side of the car that are over the top. The grills too big too...

Should have supercharged the ls2 rather than the ls7. Price differential would be somewhat substancial and just as effective.

JB

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom