Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Side Mirrors Pushed Forward and broke

T

tightwad

Someone pushed both side mirrors on my Triple Black 98 forward. It popped
the washer off the keeper. I am told by the Dealership and Auto Body
shop that both assemblies have to be replaced. Repainted, new harness,
etc. I can't believe this. Any one ran into this one before? Help.

tightwad

Tightwad,
Here's a MESSAGE THREAD I found on this subject. Unfortunately, I think the Dealer and Auto Body Shop you spoke with are correct. Those mirrors are not designed to freely move without breaking- and breaking is VERY expensive for them.

-Patrick

hi somewhere on this 4um there is an anticle on how to repair your mirrors. now i'am not talking about water but the whole thing just letting go and flopping around. It may have been on Corvette fever. both of mine were replaced and I have nevered touched them since. I really think it was the fever because there were photes of the procedure.
mike

Someone pushed both side mirrors on my Triple Black 98 forward. It popped
the washer off the keeper. I am told by the Dealership and Auto Body
shop that both assemblies have to be replaced. Repainted, new harness,
etc. I can't believe this. Any one ran into this one before? Help.

tightwad

Contact Ed Swaneck at (330) 727-3188. If you remove and send your mirror(s) to him, he will repair them for a cost of $70.00 each, which includes return shipping via UPS (with a one-day turnaround). This information was contained in the September 2006 issue of Corvette Fever Magazine. Good luck.

Hey tightwad, Mr. Pinky did the fix suggested above and it worked like a charm. Try it before you let the dealer mess with it and charge you $300 each.

edited to add: he didn't have to clip any wires so that may be an unnecessary step.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom