Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kwik-Lift

blockhead

Any opinions on the kwik-lift for a corvette? Would love to hear Opinions/stories on the lift-good or bad-seriously thinking of getting one-anyone have theirs delivered to their house?-how,d it go ? Thanx for any help!

I like mine a lot! I have insufficient ceiling height for a poster lift, so the kwick-lift works out nicely. Since I live just a few miles from the manufacturer, mine was delivered assembled on a flat-bed trailer. Just rolled it in the garage.

<--------

Make sure you have a floor jack that reaches a height of about 19 inches and drops to below 5 inches.

I have some friends with them and they are a great DIY lift. Easy access under the car once the lift is raised and with the optinal "Bridge" you can easily get the front or rear wheels off the ground using only a bottle jack. A floorjack with a minimum of a 19" lift is important. That's about the height needed to be able to turn the rear shaft that locks the lift up in place.

From what I recall on their website, delivery to your home is around $75 extra compared to picking it up at the local freight company. If you pick it up, the freight company should load it in your truck or trailer for you.

It's shipped on skids and fairly heavy although no one piece weighs more than 100 lbs or so. One person can set it up but it's easier if two people do it. You can lower it all the way down and park your car on it, but you do have to be a bit more careful driving into the garage so that you get the car lined up properly.

A floorjack with a minimum of a 19" lift is important. That's about the height needed to be able to turn the rear shaft that locks the lift up in place.

The rear shaft does not lock the lift up, it is only used for lifting. The lift is held up by the two rear legs that fold up and down on hinges and are locked in place with a spring loaded pin (in both up AND down positions).

Roughly 19" is required to get both sides up high enough to fold the hinged leg stand down from their tucked away position. The rear shaft has a mandrel bent curve in it to allow the jack to slide underneath when the lift is lowered.

KOPET beat me. ;)

I just put a yardstick next to mine in the middle so you could see for yourself. http://webpages.charter.net/ggwright/kwm

I got lucky, a guy over on the CF had one for sale for $650 and it turned out he lived 1 mile from my work place.

:w
Guy

i've had mine for well over a year, and i love it (used on my 78 pace car). i leave it in the "ramp up" position and park my car on it that way for storage. it was easy to assemble (i did it by myself, although i will suggest having 1 other person to help you. it just makes it a bit easier to handle, etc). a regular 4 post lift was out of the question due to ceiling height (not to mention the additional cost for a good one). it will require a jack lift of 20" and nothing less to get enough clearance to be able to drop the locking rear legs into position. the ramps need to be raised that much to allow the legs to swing into the down locked position. the lift is then lowered approx 1" to settle. i found the product quality to be superior and the customer service great. the nicest thing is if i want to move it (even out into the driveway for some reason), it's possible to do (not that i have, but it is possible). i would recommend it to anyone considering it. it is a very effective way to be able to work under your car safely and conveniently. there is plenty of rool to roll onder the car on a creeper. i have installed an entire exhaust system and worked on my starter/solenoid with ease using it, just as an example.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom