Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any Experience Dying Vinyl??????

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
I have a White vinyl top on mt 63 that I want to replace with a Black one. The top is in good condition and I hate to scrap it just to change color. Does anyone have any experience dying vinyl? I've re-dyed interior vinyl trim before but never changed color. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I spoke to Al Knoch interiors at the Corvette Expo here in Knoxville and they make a cloth convertible top similiar to the tops on newer Vettes. They are reasonably priced ($359) but their labor is high ($500). Has anyone made this change or seen this product?

Thanks all,
Sal

I have a White vinyl top on mt 63 that I want to replace with a Black one. The top is in good condition and I hate to scrap it just to change color. Does anyone have any experience dying vinyl? I've re-dyed interior vinyl trim before but never changed color. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I spoke to Al Knoch interiors at the Corvette Expo here in Knoxville and they make a cloth convertible top similiar to the tops on newer Vettes. They are reasonably priced ($359) but their labor is high ($500). Has anyone made this change or seen this product?

Thanks all,
Sal

I completely reshot my interior of my 66 GTO convert from gold to white about ten years ago. To this day it looks great, you really cannot tell it was sprayed..
Joe

I completely reshot my interior of my 66 GTO convert from gold to white about ten years ago. To this day it looks great, you really cannot tell it was sprayed..
Joe

Thanks Joe. What brand did you use?

I used PPG products. To be exact.. PPG Vinyl conditioner UK 405.. PPG Vinyl spray "custom white" UCV2-357.

Joe

Thanks Joe. I was wondering if there was a conditioner or primer when changing colors.
Thanks again.
Sal

I would not use Al Konch he is way off on his prices and his customer service is terrible.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom