Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 tire size

lcjstoy

Corvette
96 Collector Edition, 06 orange coupe
Here is a easy question for someone.
What size tires did a 2004 Z06 come from the factory with?
Thanks in advance.
Len

Here is a easy question for someone.
What size tires did a 2004 Z06 come from the factory with?
Thanks in advance.
Len

265/40/ZR18 Front
295/35/ZR18 Rear

Remo:cool

Remo, I thought the fronts were 17's and the rear 18's. I am looking into replacing the GY's as they suck in the rain. Having trouble matching sizes. Any help would be appreciated.

That page contains incorrect data! :confused

My Z06 is 17" front and 18" rear. Check the link I posted above, as well.

Tire Type Goodyear Eagle F1 SC
Front Tires P265/40ZR-17
Rear Tires P295/35ZR-18
Wheel Type Forged Aluminum
Front Wheel Size 17 x 9.5
Rear Wheel Size 18 x 10.5

Hi, the Problem I have is this, I have new goodyear F1 supercars tires on Z06 wheels 265 front and 295 rear on my 2000 frc I hate the noise and ride and the magnetic nail pick up :( (4 nails in 4 weeks all on different tires). Someone said the only option for size and quiteness and handling is the firestone wide ovals. Are there other options? Thanks................. Dr C5 Corvette

Hi, the Problem I have is this, I have new goodyear F1 supercars tires on Z06 wheels 265 front and 295 rear on my 2000 frc I hate the noise and ride and the magnetic nail pick up :( (4 nails in 4 weeks all on different tires). Someone said the only option for size and quiteness and handling is the firestone wide ovals. Are there other options? Thanks................. Dr C5 Corvette

Dear Dr,

First of all - no matter what kind of tire you're running, if you drive places where there's lots of nails - you're going to have problems. Secondly, all run flats make more noise than traditional non runflats. The side walls are as stiff as the "iron curtain" and do not lend themselves to good handling, comfortable rides or low noise levels. On the other hand they do provide the ability to drive to a help even without air in the tire (hence the "iron curtain" side walls). If you think your current GY F1 Supercars tire are noisey - I doubt you'll be happy with a true run flat.

Remo:cool

One answer to the noise is to add some soundproofing. Check out this thread:
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65740&highlight=frost+king

It makes a huge difference, and only adds a few pounds at most.

Run Flats also do not come in a 295 /35/18 size that I am aware of.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom