Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

power window kits for C1? need comments....

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
I wasn't planing on putting power windows in the '60, but came across a set of aftermarket electric windows motors and tracks that costs $135....so figured what the heck...could try it....so question......

Those that have put electric windows in their C1, what was easy, what was hard, did you have to modify anything to accomplish it?

Anything else?

Brand name or source of kit?

thanks, Herb

Herb. I used this kit. Works perfect and was a bolt in setup. Switchs come prewired and I used orig. C1 conduits for the wires to go from the doors to the dash. Specialty power windows. spwkits.com 478 994 9248. Ask for the C1 kit. You will be very happy with it.There window regulators just replace the orig. crank up ones.

Herb:

I am using the Specialty Power Windows kit in my '59 but the cost was more that $135. As vette said, it bolts right in where the old mechanical regulators were, but in my car it was a really tight fit. You MUST follow the directions closely in order to get them in place. The SPW kit comes with a "spring" type conduit that covers the wires leading from the door to the kick panel. I had mine wired with the "spring" but did not like it. Here is what I did to hide the wires: http://www.carols62.com/59/dec06.htm

Charles

Herb

The only kit that works is the kit they described above,unless your putting power motors on the hand cranks.

Those cheap kits you see at car shows are meant for a straight up window movement. If you roll the window up and down you will see how the window actually moves.

Charles mentioned to read the instructions to get them in.

Well let me tell you I spent about 2 hours in a frustrated frenzy swearing because I could not get the assembly into the passenger door, I get excited just thinking about that day. Needless to say I got it in.

if your going with power windows just order the kit and be done with it.

I installed my window switch in the dash board just above the radio in the dash pad out of site

Herb:

I am using the Specialty Power Windows kit in my '59 but the cost was more that $135. As vette said, it bolts right in where the old mechanical regulators were, but in my car it was a really tight fit. You MUST follow the directions closely in order to get them in place. The SPW kit comes with a "spring" type conduit that covers the wires leading from the door to the kick panel. I had mine wired with the "spring" but did not like it. Here is what I did to hide the wires: http://www.carols62.com/59/dec06.htm

Charles
Charles, that is really sweet installation....thanks

Well let me tell you I spent about 2 hours in a frustrated frenzy swearing because I could not get the assembly into the passenger door, I get excited just thinking about that day. Needless to say I got it in.
Yikes, that was me trying to get the window crank assembly out of the passenger door....finally figured out if you adjust the crank on it either up or down, it just about falls out, but getting to that point and figuring that out, well....2 hours of frantic frenzy!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom