Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which Mods to make?

jnj

Corvette
2006 Machine Silver Coupe
Hello all,
Can an improved intake system really make a difference without upgrading the exhaust in a Z06? Vice-Versa, can an aftermarket exhaust increase power without an improved intake system. A friend wants to add the K&N intake system with a new Chip to his 03 Z06 with the stock exhaust. Will he really get the advertised HP gain, or is it best to do both ends at the same time??
Thanks in advance~
Jeff

its been my experience that a CAI will improve the ' seat of the pants' feel with some HP gains. The 'cat-back' will do not much more than change the sound, but a new exhaust header system, like long tube headers will provide an increase in RWHP.

I'd suggest leaving the pcm alone...unless you have it professionally tuned.

The C5 Z06 titanium catback is very efficient and very very little power is found by going to an aftermarket system.

The intake either Halltech, or vararam..( I don't know the K & N system)

would be my suggestion.

"chips" are worthless on the C5.

Good luck

JB

I'd suggest leaving the pcm alone...unless you have it professionally tuned.

The C5 Z06 titanium catback is very efficient and very very little power is found by going to an aftermarket system.

The intake either Halltech, or vararam..( I don't know the K & N system)

would be my suggestion.

"chips" are worthless on the C5.

Good luck

JB
I agree with JB, tuning with a chip or programmer is like a shot in the dark, or is limited. It is best to have someone with EFIlive, LS1edit or HP Tuners tune the car first by a data logging road test to get things dialed in after mods. are complete. The ultimate is a dyno tune after the data logging.

The computer will re-learn the increased air flow after about 100-200 miles on it's own. Your Z06 exhaust can flow more air than a new intake will introduce.

Peace
Chip

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom