Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(More Power coming...) "bigger" C5/C6 Callaway Magnacharger on the horizon!

*89x2*

Here is the news on the 122 blower case (standard cases are 112's) that was under development for the C5/C6 platform:

Callaway Cars said:
New development:
After two day meeting at Magnuson Products with Callaway and Magna Charger engineers last week, a decision was made to discontinue development of the MP122 for Corvette applications (for all applications, for that matter). Instead, Callaway and Magna Charger will pursue development of a new four-lobe higher helix design. The design enjoys considerably increased efficiency and has more headroom for modified engines, compared to the MP122. Magna Charger has already begun work on this design, and it uses Eaton compoments like the MP 112 and 122, so it's not like we're starting from scratch. I'll post more specific information on the Callaway website soon, including projected introduction date.

It is a GREAT time to be a performance-car junkie :upthumbs :lou

...more on the horizon - VERY cool! :cool

What about us 4th gen owners? we seem to get forgotten about.

As far as I am aware, Callaway Cars continues to offer their SuperNatural 450+ engines for the LT1/4 cars and still supports most of their past catalog for the C4's, almost 20 years later. Did you have a specific product in mind?? Callaway Cars has not offered SuperChargers for C4's though, if that was what you were in search of.

I hope this helps - :beer

Just wondered why callaway doesn't hook up a after market twin set up for us.If they offered a twin that us LT1/4 guys could just slap on, it whould go through the roof.You hear of guys building turbo 4th gens,but for the most part they fab their own.And do it in stages like the superchargers.Like stage 1 12psi/stage 2 16psi/stage 3 18psi. Through in some waste gates,boost controlers,and the plumbing,WHAM can't keep them on the shelves.

Just wondered why callaway doesn't hook up a after market twin set up for us.

There's no money in it. Plus they didn't like the LTx platform for turbo charging anyway, which is why they went away from it in 92.

Sustainability is about changing with the market.

The C4 market for new parts shrinks every year whereas the C6 market is still in its infancy. I would rather that they focus on the new products which keeps them in business. This allows them to still service what they already made in the older platforms such as the C4 when something brakes rather than to keep trying to upgrade the C4.

This alllows me to have a new Callaway C6 in addition to my Callaway C4. :upthumbs

Look at Carberator shops and figure out what happens when you don't change with the times.

-Luigi
:cool

616hp is created when you add Callaway Camshaft, CNC cylinderheads and valvetrain to the existing C6 560HP package.

I do not glean that it will necesserally lead to more power but perhaps in a smaller package. At worse case, it leads to more power. Gee... how nice.

-Luigi

reverse flow cooling was the big one. Callaway would have rebuilt the motor forged if they were gonna turbo it.

GREAT! More power Scotty!

-Luigi
:cool

Just a quick FYI, the MP122 case is still avail. for a limited time - For your LS Series motors, this is sold as a "tuners kit" with injectors and blower - but not the complete package - this is in direct response for those who want to make greater levels of power, NOW! vs. waiting for the new design coming in 2007 :cool

Everything is avail. from Callaway Cars on this - :cool

Breaking News...

Breaking news Re: Callaway MagnaCharger -

Callaway Cars said:
Now that Callaway and Magnuson have gotten joined forces and Callaway engineering is responsible for new product development, several projects should move forward faster than before.
Specifically relating to new supercharger products for 427's:
1) First, we've bolted intercooled MP112's on LS2-based 427's. We have an MP112-equipped Callaway "SuperNatural" 427 LS2 in a 2007 Tahoe at our facility now that makes around 625 bhp and 680 lb-ft of torque.
2) A better option that's currently available for 400 cid and larger LS1, 2, or 6 engines is the MP122. Kits are available now. Unfortunately, these systems come without factory calibration and are sold for off-road use only. We plan to spend the development time and resources on the next generation "TVS" supercharger described below.
3) We've recently gotten a couple of requests for MP122 kits from people that already own MP112 systems, so I'm working on getting a parts list and pricing for a "conversion kit". The Christmas-New Years shutdown delayed this from happening last week.
4) We're also working on an intake manifold for the MP122 for the LS7 427. That's the last component we need for a complete C6 Z06 MP122 system. It should be available for sale around April 1.
5) The "next generation" Callaway Magna Charger is referred to as the TVS, a new supercharger design from Eaton. It uses a 4-vane, very-high helix angle rotor configuration. Efficiency is significantly greater than any of the MP-series; the Corvette TVS is capable of supporting up to 1000 bhp. The supercharger case is also somewhat larger than the MP112 and MP122's. Supercharger whine is reduced as well, for those who care. When we get closer to product testing and validation, we'll announce our progress on our website: www.callawaycars.com.

While I haven't heard anything new on this for awhile, I was scouting on the net and aside from the 700hp Speedster model, the C16 (and presumeably the SC series cars) will have 650hp for 2008 :upthumbs :lou

...stay tuned

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom