Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

...waking up at midnight, for a run ~ A C16 is born.

*89x2*

Thanksgiving Day, 2006.

The day before turkey day, I got word that the new Callaway C16 was heading to a sidewalk cafe' in Montreal for some photography - the paint as I understand, was still wet.
With little time to spare, the car would be photographed and then loaded onto a truck to be brought into the United States of America, down to Old Lyme, CT, gone over - and then onto a car hauler bound for the LA Auto Show :cool Word was, the car was crossing the boarder near midnight, arriving at the shop at dawn...
An opportunity to see the ALL NEW C16 Callaway was on the horizon - in about 30 hours, it would arrive and be gone, as quickly as she appeared.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving Thursday - Turkey day :cool

With an 18 pound bird on the table, spiral cut honey ham and all the trimmings, I was thankful to be home - with our family all there, we reflected on all that we are thankful to have in this world. The turkey is said to make one tired after eating, and this bird did not stray from that. A long nap later, I rolled out of bed around midnight. Hitting the road with two family members in tow, we headed towards Conecticut to see this new C16, or so we thought...

In record time, we were in Old Lyme. We discovered that NOBODY travels on the night after Thanksgiving :D WIth ZERO traffic, the roads were pretty vacant and speeds were brisk ;) With the car supposed to arrive at 7:00am, were were there - but where was the car??

...8:00am, then 9:00 am - still no car. :ugh

I don't think I have to tell you that with the hours passing, we were a bit anxious about the car and its whereabouts...

At about 9:30am, the carrier arrived with the orange C16 as its cargo - We off loaded it fro the carrier and into the shop it went :cool

A beautiful sight to see, my heart literally skipped a beat upon first sight -
By now, you know the rest of the story with the C16 - it went onto a truck and had an amazingly successful debut at the 100th opening of the LA Auto Show two weeks ago.

Until I have a chance to get some of the rest of the pics online, here is one of the shots I took with only 10 minutes with the car - While I honestly feel pictures do not do the C16's lines justice, the picture below does give a better impression of the paintwork and the brillance of the hue applied to the body panels:cool

Enjoy this teaser :v

DSC09541A.jpg

Beautiful. Let's see more pics! :naughty:

On a related note, do you know the story behind the polished aluminum/chrome C16 on Callaway's homepage?

Will there be a "road to LA" project video ???

I loved to see the genuine article and the road to Geneva

I suppose that anyting is possible, although I did not spot a video crew :D ;) (other than R&T and webrides) around the scene at LA, or in Old Lyme
shhh.gif
prior to the show.

...but that does remind me, I have a few vid. clips of the car driving in O/L, hmm.... ;)

I suppose that anyting is possible, although I did not spot a video crew :D ;) (other than R&T and webrides) around the scene at LA, or in Old Lyme
shhh.gif
prior to the show.

...but that does remind me, I have a few vid. clips of the car driving in O/L, hmm.... ;)

I may not be a film crew, but I did spend most of the morning behind a video camera. :D J

Hi Joanne!...

Happy Holidays!... Merry X-Mas!...

Welcome aboard, officially!!!

I hope to see the video(s) soon.

Stay warm.

All the best,

-Luigi
:cool

...hard to believe that all this C16 excitement, began one year ago :W

This week, at the LA Auto Show, Turbo Luigi is out there again getting the scoop on what is new with the Callaways :cool

Enjoy the show :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom