Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Happy Birthday C5 Corvettes!

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
9.gif

From an article in the Bowling Green Daily News posted by Rob here.

Saturday, January 6, 2007 12:18 AM CST
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the General Motors C5 Corvette.

Today marks the 10th Anniversary of the debut of the 5th generation of the Object of our AFFECTION! Sounds like a reason to party to me!
fam21.gif

HBD C5s!

97e.jpg

:w Jane Ann​

:birth To the C5 Model Run!

The C5 was the first major re-design of the Corvette in (at that time) 14 years, and introduced a whole lot of new eye-appeal styling and pin-your-ears-back performance. I'm proud to own one!

Thank you, Chevrolet!

:w
-Patrick

A very significant advance over the C4s, and with my titanium hip lots easier to get in/out than my C4s.

The body shape/surfacing of the C5 is very sophisticated, flowing and elegant. The GM designers sure nailed the production design compared to most of the earlier C5 concept proposals I've seen. Happy Birthday to an excellent high performance sports car! DFO :D

Great photos

Jane Ann,

You sure do take some great pictures.

I enjoy looking at every one of them. Somehow you capture the beauty and feel of the Vette.

Keep up the good work.

Jeff

9.gif

From an article in the Bowling Green Daily News posted by Rob here.

Today marks the 10th Anniversary of the debut of the 5th generation of the Object of our AFFECTION! Sounds like a reason to party to me!
fam21.gif

HBD C5s!

97e.jpg

:w Jane Ann

Jane Ann,

You sure do take some great pictures.

I enjoy looking at every one of them. Somehow you capture the beauty and feel of the Vette.

Keep up the good work.

Jeff

Thanks for the kudos, Jeff... but I can't take credit for ALL of the gems I post. MsSchroder has taken some of the photos I post, and the photo featured here was a GM publicity shot I found.

I will take credit for knowing art when I find it... and sharing it with others here.

:w Jane Ann

My C5 turned 9 on 10/3/06 (I know this because I had to take the door panel off and the date was written in big, proud yellow numbers).

It is aging VERY gracefully! It doesn't look a day over 30,000 miles!! :)

With the introduction of the C6's does this mean we're oldies but goodies?

I'm enjoying my C5. It turns 4 years old next month. I believe it's just now hitting it's stride. Most of the clunky stiffness in my six speed shifter and transmission have seemed to improve with the miles. Either that or I'm just getting used to it. A little time and wear has made an appreciable difference.

Happy Birthday C5!

:Steer

Geeeez wouldn't it great if my 2004 coupe was the last C5 on the production line.

You know like the $660,000 last 1967 Stingray

No such luck.....If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all......If it was raining soup .....I'd be standing there with a fork;LOL

I sure do like my C5 over my old C4. the ride and the way it handle on the road is 100% better than the C4 did. Happy birthday C5 !!!:)

I just got a C5 and love it. feels like its my B day

I've told many people that my '04 C5 is head-and-shoulders above the '86 I used to own. Wow...this car just keeps getting better. I wonder what it will be like in another ten years?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom