Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 '96 LT4 will not start after a month storage

1996 LT4 Topic
G

guessguy

With all the warm weather here, I wanted to start up my Vette and go for a boot, but after connecting the battery back up, the car won't start. It turns over but thats it. There is almost half a tank of gas in there, and I could smell it after popping the hood. I checked all interior and exterior fuses and nothing is fried. It used to start in half a second before. What could it be? I didn't touch it or do anything before letting it sit for a month.
thanks.

Where is she stored? Any mice? The reason I say that is mine was stored for a short time in a barn. One or more mice chewed through wires disabling my engine.

I always store it in an underground parking garage with a car cover. I've never seen a mice around. I've checked all the wires and plugs seem to be plugged in. Maybe a OBD will help diagnose the problem?

can anyone recommend a OBD tool to use? I've searched eBay but they all seem cheap. Which one can I hook up to my laptop to view other data or edit the engine computer specs?

I don't think you need an OBD to see if you have spark at the plugs or fuel to the injector rails. That would be a basic start point for me. Also, storing with half a tank in a cold storage garage spells possible water in fuel. Got Sta-bil? http://www.goldeagle.com/sta-bil/

can anyone recommend a OBD tool to use? I've searched eBay but they all seem cheap. Which one can I hook up to my laptop to view other data or edit the engine computer specs?

Got mine at Sears (for my non-Corvette OBDII cars) I think it was $149.00
works great.
But would'nt you get a check engine lite?

Tom

Could this be condensation in the Opi-spark? - you smell gas but have no spark.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom