Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 '96 LT4 will not start after a month storage

1996 LT4 Topic
G

guessguy

With all the warm weather here, I wanted to start up my Vette and go for a boot, but after connecting the battery back up, the car won't start. It turns over but thats it. There is almost half a tank of gas in there, and I could smell it after popping the hood. I checked all interior and exterior fuses and nothing is fried. It used to start in half a second before. What could it be? I didn't touch it or do anything before letting it sit for a month.
thanks.

compyelc4

Corvette
'95 LT1 Coupe, Comp Yell; C6 Roadster, Vel Yell
Where is she stored? Any mice? The reason I say that is mine was stored for a short time in a barn. One or more mice chewed through wires disabling my engine.

G

guessguy

I always store it in an underground parking garage with a car cover. I've never seen a mice around. I've checked all the wires and plugs seem to be plugged in. Maybe a OBD will help diagnose the problem?

G

guessguy

can anyone recommend a OBD tool to use? I've searched eBay but they all seem cheap. Which one can I hook up to my laptop to view other data or edit the engine computer specs?

T

Ted Krempa

I don't think you need an OBD to see if you have spark at the plugs or fuel to the injector rails. That would be a basic start point for me. Also, storing with half a tank in a cold storage garage spells possible water in fuel. Got Sta-bil? http://www.goldeagle.com/sta-bil/

T

tdr1919

can anyone recommend a OBD tool to use? I've searched eBay but they all seem cheap. Which one can I hook up to my laptop to view other data or edit the engine computer specs?

Got mine at Sears (for my non-Corvette OBDII cars) I think it was $149.00
works great.
But would'nt you get a check engine lite?

Tom

Corvette
Carbon Flash CE 4LT GS Roadster
Bummer - Ever use any starting fluid?

T

tdr1919

Could this be condensation in the Opi-spark? - you smell gas but have no spark.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom