Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do you have the aftermarket armrest?

Corvette
1973 L-48 Coupe
The one that seems like it should have been a factory installed item? Im not sure what it would be like to drive along ways and not have one.
This was going to be the year I sprung for glass T-tops for our vette. I had saved thru the last year or so and when I found work faster than expected, I was ready to jump on the good glass ones.
However the other night a guy had over heard me talking about my lovely wife Theresa ( I got it right eh Bud?;) ) being a seamstress and mentioned that his Mom had an industrial unit with 2 heavy-duty heads for sale. I got it all lined up and when we went to see it , She fell in love with the machine and what they were asking for it. So we passed on the tops and brought this home yesterday.

sewingmachine012.jpg

It needs a paint job on the legs and I installed the casters from my roll around tool box.
This thing sewed through 8 layers of vinyl that you would use for an interior like it did know the diffrence. It pulls the material thru and all she has to do is keep it in a line.
So I had her first project lined up today. I have the after market armrest for my C-3. And when we ride distance, the vinyl can tend to get uncomfortable under your forarm. We have sheepskin covers on our seats for comfort on the hot sunny days....black tends to roast ya good in the sun....so I got a sheep skin from the local IKEA store and she did the rest on her new machine.

sewingmachine021.jpg

She took it apart and replaced the top layer with sheepskin.....turned it right side out and she was done in less than an hour after we decided what to do.
This is the end result.....what a cool and loving wife I have had for over 23 years now:upthumbs

Chas:cool

sewingmachine033.jpg

cool machine!
hey it could be a little side business, you know how we vette people are...spenders!!
Nice to hear someone still in love after 23 yrs of marriage!!

..... a guy had over heard me talking about my lovely wife Theresa ( I got it right eh Bud?;) )

.....what a cool and loving wife I have had for over 23 years now:upthumbs

Chas:cool
;) Right on both counts! Chas! ;)

Bud

Oow that interior reminds me of a scene from Barberella :D Very nice Chas!

Groeten Peter.

Look's Great!!!!I have a Commercial sewing machine,in-fact it looks just like yours except the table and mine is a little more beat up looking!! I use it allot to replace panels in seats and bolsters of cars I'm getting ready for resale,and even sometimes I Custom build a Interior for something I'm working on if I can find the time!!:upthumbs
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks junkie, thats exactly the work she plans to do in the near future. We live on the Detroit River so there is alot of boat work here to do also.
Oceangal, she has been a seamstress since she was taught by her Grandmother years ago, she would spend the summer with her and Grandma was a talent the world has not seen since she passed away 15 years ago. Grandma was sister to the Wyandot of Anderdon Chief and Theresa learned many of the ways of her ancestors from her.
Thanks Bud;) :beer
Peter, the hair on the armrest is long enough to make Jane happy eh?
Chas:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom