Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Well, finally made time to build the exhaust

Corvette
(2) Callaway's (2) ZR1 (1) supercharged 35th
True duals. All T-304 stainless.
DCP_4202.jpg

DCP_4204.jpg

DCP_4207.jpg

:upthumbs

WOW!... Now that is some fine work. I bet it sounds GGGrreeat!

:beer

-Luigi
:cool

:upthumbs

WOW!... Now that is some fine work. I bet it sounds GGGrreeat!

:beer

-Luigi

Thanks Luigi !! It's just tack welded so far. Hope to finish this weekend.

Nice work Sam!!! What kind of mufflers are those?

You're gonna laugh, but those are hollowed out cats. I polished the stainless shield, to give it that exotic look. The reason I went with these is because of the sound. I wanted to have that old big block corvette sound. This comes extremely close. It's 2.5" mandrel bent to the differential, then 3" all the way back. I used the rectangular stainless tips, and reshaped the 3" pipe into it.

This is a mock up the of the rear.
DCP_4200.jpg

That's a nice clean installation. I'd also like to hear it. :D

Very nice Sam!
If you're able to record the sound please post it on this forum :) The Cat's look damn nice to :)
Groeten Peter.

Thanks guys. Yeah, the cats actually look real good, especially with the vented stainless shield all polished up to a chrome finish.

Looks NICE!!! :cool

How long did it take to fab it up?? ;shrug

Well, is was in my head first, but what you see in those pics took two days, about 4 hours each day. It will probably take another 4 hours to complete. I've designed it, to be taken apart in 4 parts if needed. That will come in handy when servicing the tranny, or anything else underneath the car.

You're gonna laugh, but those are hollowed out cats. I polished the stainless shield, to give it that exotic look. The reason I went with these is because of the sound. I wanted to have that old big block corvette sound. This comes extremely close. It's 2.5" mandrel bent to the differential, then 3" all the way back. I used the rectangular stainless tips, and reshaped the 3" pipe into it.

:L :L :L I thought those looked like cats! I like it :D

Shh... :bash

remember that the Mexican Track is off road!...

-Luigi

Wow... that looks amazing. Did you make it yourself--like do you do this type of thing for a living? It looks incredibly professional!

If I didn't know better, I'd think I was looking at the bottom of a Ferrari. :upthumbs

Oh? Do the 550/575/SuperAmerica Ferraris have their engine placed more towards the center?

....doesn't matter, it still looks good. :)

Wow... that looks amazing. Did you make it yourself--like do you do this type of thing for a living? It looks incredibly professional!

This is not the first exhaust system I've built :D I've actually designed and market systems, for a couple other general motors cars.

If I didn't know better, I'd think I was looking at the bottom of a Ferrari. :upthumbs

Yeah, but the Ferrari wouldn't be as fast :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom