Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is it called?

Kevin Doyle

Corvette
1996 white LT4 gs wheels
Changing plugs on 96 the other day and broke one of the little tabs that stick up at the top of front outer wheel well.You know the little black ones that will usally bend over or you will have to straighten up one in front and back of each wheel well.Thanks Kevin.;shrug

You might want to post a pic of it. I'm completely blanking on what your trying to describe.

j, I can't find the jpg right now, but the herkimer tab (lower case h, please) was developed just after WW2 by capured German engineers. Much like the muffler bearing, the herkimer tab has lost cache in this era of computer controlled emf condensors as we find on our C4's. Hopefully, Kevin will be able to oscillate that tab in place this weekend and prevent that plastic wheelhouse from winding up in his opti spark locker. Thanks for lurking, Ted

j, I can't find the jpg right now, but the herkimer tab (lower case h, please) was developed just after WW2 by capured German engineers. Much like the muffler bearing, the herkimer tab has lost cache in this era of computer controlled emf condensors as we find on our C4's. Hopefully, Kevin will be able to oscillate that tab in place this weekend and prevent that plastic wheelhouse from winding up in his opti spark locker. Thanks for lurking, Ted

:rotfl

At first I thought you were joking, but since you mentioned them being like muffler bearings then you must be serious? KaleCoAuto has several of the harder to find car parts and accessories, but even they don't seem to have herkimer tabs.

I'm with the others Kevin, without a pic I'm lost as to what you're trying to describe. ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom