Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question about Sidepipes on C2/3

kgelliott

Corvette
2006 Victory Red Coupe
Just wondering...
What was the purpose of having side exhaust pipes on some of the Vettes? Did they increase performance, or were they cosmetic? ;shrug

I use mine to detect over-sensitive car alarms. :D

Side Pipes

Erik, I'll bet they do the trick!! Speaking of which, does anyone EVER pay attention to those when they do go off?? Seems like all they would do is tip off the would-be car-jacker that you're NOT around to shut the darn thing off!
I had an 1972 LT-1 (pewter) back in '76 for a couple years. No A/C like you, however. Mine was VERY hot in several ways! :cool

I have them on my 78. I picked up about 200 RPMs on the top end and it sounds like a Corvette now!

The bad side is I can't come in late without the boss knowing about.

Gary

Just wondering...
What was the purpose of having side exhaust pipes on some of the Vettes? Did they increase performance, or were they cosmetic? ;shrug

They were a marketing "feature" that sounded good, but actually were more restrictive than the standard under-car exhaust; the option was driven by Styling and Marketing, not by Engineering. :)

I Put chamberd exhaust on mine...sounds like the real thing ....cheaper...and nobody gets leg burn....like my lovely wife

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom