Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Q-Jet Question

racingundertaker

Corvette
1971 Pro Street Corvette
The threads on the fuel/filter inlet stripped out on my Q-Jet. I abandoned that for a Holley which I have never cared for since installing. Can the threads be fixed in any way or is the Q-jet junk? I would like to go back to a Q-Jet for my '73. It performed great when I had it on. Is there a particular carb # that I should look for to make sure I get the same style Q-Jet? Is there anywhere that I could purchase a rebuilt Q-jet for my vintage year Vette? Thanks for your help! The snow is just about gone, and I am counting the days till I can get back out on the road!

Most professional Q-Jet rebuilders have the special Helicoil and tooling for that (common) stripped inlet, but you won't find it at an auto parts store.

:beer

Can the threads be fixed in any way or is the Q-jet junk?

Most professional Q-Jet rebuilders have the special Helicoil and tooling for that (common) stripped inlet, but you won't find it at an auto parts store.

Email Ted Lowe of Mountain Man Fuel Systems at tedmtnman@yahoo.com or call him at 479-639-2022. Tell him what you need, I'm certain he'll quickly give a price quote.

I just received a rebuilt carburetor from him. He does great work at an affordable price - and his service is fast. I ordered on a Sunday, he had my carb built and shipped by that Friday.

Ralph

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom