Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passive Keyless Entry Problem

ddick9366

Corvette
'94 Polo Green Convertible
The PKE system is not working, tried to program the PKE system according to the Manual, but to no avail! Changed batteries in the transmitter, still no luck! Before I end up going to a dealer and incur expensive charges, does anyone have any experience to guide me in this endeavor? What could be wrong? Is it just user ignorance? What is the most likely and inexpensive repair?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

PKE program

Make sure the fob is out of range (like 20 yards or so) before beginning the programming. Is it possible that there's another fob 'lost' inside the car? If so, the new known one will NOT program.
When my cell phone is in or near the Corvette, all bets are off for the PKE function. Especially when the phone is being charged by the cig. lighter outlet. Also, some have reported interference from fluorescent lighting but I have no experience with them.
And last, make sure the fuses are good (I don't know which fuses feed the PKE receiver in your year).
Hope this helps.

PKE Programming Problem

Thanks for the input and advice. Checked the other posted threads as well. With more experience, will probably not need to repeat previous postings, but really appreciate the direction and counsel.

PKE Problem

Purchased a new FOB on eBay and after receipt, programmed the unit, and presto, problem solved!

PKE Problem

What do you know that I don't know and how much are you willing to give for my "bad" transmitter? ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom