Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Papa needs a new set of shoes

boostedmaxPSI

Corvette
'92 SNAT435 Yellow aerobody 'vert // 1988 #57 B2K
Guys, what do you recommend for the B2K? Its time for new set of tires. The tires I have are Mich XGT Z and are dry rotted.

I would like something comparable.

thanks

I have been looking to replace my tires as well but I really don't like the Tread Patterns I've seen from the Major US manufacturers. Very dissappointing.

-Luigi
:cool

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3:lou if you can't find GSCs

I Agree with the GS-D3!, that's what I did.
Check out the wet/dry traction and in my opinion, the tread pattern is Right-on!

I looked at the BFG line yesterday from the low cost of the TT to the KD series. I'll check out the GS-D3s today.

I agree Luigi, I too look at astetics. The tire must look good as well

Frank, you might also consider these.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...e&partnum=74WR7EUHP&fromCompare1=yes&place=14

They are a budget tire but seem to rank VERY well in the survey's on tirerack.com. I have them on my fiance's Mustang GT. They are a nice quiet tire with a good ride but I can't speak to the handling.

ge_exclaim_uhp_ci2_l.jpg

Thanks Josh.

Seems like the F1 is the way to go for our cars. Price is in line for what you get and the tread pattern looks good.

Plus Goodyear has always been sysnonymous with Corvette. Discount lists the 275 40 17 for $221 per tire.

http://www.discounttire.com/product/tires/gdyhzm.ang.jpg

gdyhzm.ang.jpg

I Agree with the GS-D3!, that's what I did.
Check out the wet/dry traction and in my opinion, the tread pattern is Right-on!

Did you stick with the same size 275 or did you step up to 285 in the rears?

Thanks Josh.

Seems like the F1 is the way to go for our cars. Price is in line for what you get and the tread pattern looks good.

Plus Goodyear has always been sysnonymous with Corvette. Discount lists the 275 40 17 for $221 per tire.

gdyhzm.ang.jpg

I think Tire Rack has that tire for 201, but there is a shipping difference. Might wanna check it out.

I agree the F1 is the way to go. Its a great looking tire.

Id personally stick with the 275's. The 285 is a taller tire and adds more side wall, its suble but noticeable.

I agree Chris, for the money, they are probably the better deal. However, The F1's weren't that much more.

I just got back from the local Discount Tire store and they actually brought the price down a little more. So, $993 out the door with disposal fees, mounting, balance and all the other stuff. I didn't think that was too bad for the Tire I'm getting.

Should have them on next weekend :)

Thanks for all the replies you opinions are valued which is why I came here to ask for adivce. :beer

FS

Should have used the "SEARCH" fuction. This thread that you posted Chris would have saved me a ton of time. All of the tires that are mentioned and case in which you were buying the tires mirrors my situation.

I don't buy a lot of performance tires typically SUV tires and tire technology changes so much so it's good to know what the latest is. Also, my tires which have a lot of tread on them are simply dry rotted. Not safe for the spirited driving I like to do ;)

Thanks again.

FS

At least the prices on the 17's are reasonable. I had to get a pair of 18's for the rear of my 87. The cheapest tire was about 325 each. Not too many options in 315 30 18.
Frank, I guess you are driving the B2K to Bowling Green next month since you got new tires.:upthumbs

The tread pattern on those F1's make me dizzy... ;shrug

I would rather have something like the old gatorbacks. I tend to like more the BFG-KDW's.

-Luigi

I thought the same at first but those Goodyear ride like a dream.

I'm running Michelin on 1, GSCs on another, and EMTs on the other. Comparing all of those to another friend's vette I'd go with the Goodyears especially under 1k.

The tread pattern on those F1's make me dizzy... ;shrug

I would rather have something like the old gatorbacks. I tend to like more the BFG-KDW's.

-Luigi

I thought the same at first but those Goodyear ride like a dream.

Couldn't agree more. Had the new tires put on the Silver TT and my first impression is they are quite and and have a nice grip. Can't wait to put the Z rating to the test. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom