Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is my steering wheel correct?

Corvette
1973 L-48 Coupe
I have noticed in most catalogs that 3 spoke wheels seem to be all thats available....I have a 4 spoke and now Im wondering if it is the right one or maybe someone changed it ... im only the 3rd owner and it was not mentioned when I purchased it.

Any one know if 4 spoke was a "factory" wheel?

Thanks, Chas:cool

I have noticed in most catalogs that 3 spoke wheels seem to be all thats available....I have a 4 spoke and now Im wondering if it is the right one or maybe someone changed it ... im only the 3rd owner and it was not mentioned when I purchased it.

Dealer item I think...

73's had the 3 spoke wheel..... Colored rim....steel spokes and horn button with emblem

Only factory 4-spoke was the 76 Vega wheel. The '73 stock wheel was a 3-spoke.

Post a pic of your wheel and we may be able to id it for you. I have an aftermaket wheel on mine that has Duntov's signature on it.

bubbaint.jpg

tom...

Only factory 4-spoke was the 76 Vega wheel. The '73 stock wheel was a 3-spoke.

Post a pic of your wheel and we may be able to id it for you. I have an aftermaket wheel on mine that has Duntov's signature on it.

bubbaint.jpg

tom...
I do too, Dose this mean were C3 brothers???:L Is there any story behind this wheel,Tom?? ;shrug This car had been setting in the Original Owners Garage in Florida for 18+ years till I bought it in Feb 07!!:D Actually Camaros had the same 4 spoke wheel as the Vega!!!!!:upthumbs

attachment.php

may also help

Hi Chas like Waterboy and Tom says is correct, and in 1976 one year only, a new sport steering wheel was introduced and was shared by corvette, and vega, and other chevrolet models, a development not viewed well by corvette enthusiasts. quote from corvette black book 2007, im not sure what other models had them, but hope you dont mind me telling you but your wheel is not a 1976, the original 76 have less degress in angle on the spokes, and dont have the stepped wider padding at the end of the spokes, also your wheel may be approx 1 inch less in diameter, there is a few 76 corvettes and a vega for sale on ebay now with the correct wheels, so someone else may be able to help you and know what yours is. regards wayne.

Here is my wheel guys.....

parkandsteeringwheel035.jpg

Sure does look like Toms.....
Chas

Mine is exactly like yours except its SS instead of Black!!

Mine is exactly like yours except its SS instead of Black!!

Mine may have been painted black....maybe i should strip it and polish the stainless;)

Ya Tom thats a three speed, the Junk's got another rare one. It makes it easier to drive with only 3 speeds not as much shifting. ;LOL

Maybe not. I seem to recall the aftermarket Zora wheels came with either black painted or stainless spokes.

:)

Thats cool...I like it the way it is, just curious to see what others here thought..... Many Thanks for all of the input....Chas:beer

Okay gmjunkie, got'a know, is that a three speed I see there?
Yep,1 of 326 69 Corvettes with base transmission!!:upthumbs

Heya Junk......

think it's time to vacumn the 69 out???? What's it been? 38 years???;LOL

Heya Junk......

think it's time to vacumn the 69 out???? What's it been? 38 years???;LOL
Well I just bought it in Feb and that was when the photo was taken!!!! But just as soon as get done with "Medusa" (My 02 Z06) it will be in the shop!!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom