Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 Front bumper install...finally

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
What a pain! I started with the driver side and didn't really have a good idea what to do, but as I went I figured out I needed to slot the bumper brackets to pull the front end back in order to get the side to line up properly.

I was able to do this all by myself, but I have to agree a second set of hands would have helped, but there are lots of time when there is nothing to do. All I could think was "don't scratch the car and don't drop the freshly re-chromed bumpers"!:ack:

Fortunately I did do a minor scratch but out of sight so out of mind and I didn't drop those bumpers OMG!:smash:

Here ya go, I would have never imaged that doing the bumpers would be such a PAIN!:crazy:

I need to do some more adjustments on the driver side, the passenger side is about as good as it is going to get. but my butt is dragging tonight and tomorrow is another day!:cheers:

IMG_1084Small-vi.jpg

IMG_1086Small-vi.jpg

IMG_1087Small-vi.jpg

You did a super job Herb, it looks really good. A tough job to do by yourself though. Great pics too!
:upthumbs
Doug

You did a super job Herb, it looks really good. A tough job to do by yourself though. Great pics too!
:upthumbs
Doug
thanks Doug, it is good to see you back on the forum....

Very nice job!!!!!!! The bumpers, eyebrows and grill surrounds all look great and really fit well.

Great Pictures.. :_rock

Joe

Sorry I had nothing for you Herb

I still remember the day I put the bumpers on the 62

Steaming hot day and my wifes unkle showed up at my house. He said you have me for the day what do you want to do.

We started on the bumpers, This was a misrable job as I didnt want to scratch the paint or the bumpers,and none of the brackets I had to make seamed to fit they all had to be tweaked a bit.

Looks great and your a brave man for doing alone.

Looks great and your a brave man for doing alone.
not brave....just think better when I don't have someone standing there wanting what do do next. sharon would have helped me, but this was focused thinking time and the only way to do that was to do it alone and stay focused....

The passenger side went on so fast and got aligned much better than the driver where I started. After I had figured out what to do, it was really VERY easy. Now if I ever have to do another one, I am ready but I think I am moving on to a C2 next.....oh yeah, after I get done with this one!:boogie :boogie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom