Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

This C6er Is RETIRING TODAY!

kgelliott

Corvette
2006 Victory Red Coupe
Well, I finally made it to the big day: Today is my last workday! I'm officially retired tomorrow, but all I do tomorrow is have a nice reception in my honor and have some fun with all my work buddies. The party's Friday night. 28 years working in the same place, seems kind of strange to think it is OVER now. A friend wrote to me this morning saying that I'll wonder how I had time to work! Sounds good to me! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!
:beer
I went in January. 34 years same place.
Stay busy and active (waxing and driving the Vett).
Life is good!

Gary

Great News

Gary,

Congratulations. I'm a little envious as I have about one more year until I retire (34 years with the same firm). Enjoy the next couple of days with your friends and then just have a ball doing what you want.

Remo:cool
spring07.JPG

A friend wrote to me this morning saying that I'll wonder how I had time to work! Sounds good to me! :)

I used to think that was the most ridiculous statement, but I quickly found out that it's so very true! :L

I "retired" from Corporate America last October, and then immediately went on to my new "job"...selling Corvettes!! Pretty terrific retirement job, huh?!!:chuckle

Congratulations!!

Elaine

That's GREAT!!!

My retirement plan figures out to my being able to retire around the age of 110, give or take a day or two.

Hecox

From now on everyday is a Saturday
I like how you think!!
Thanks everyone for the kind words!! First plans include a road trip to Illinois to see MOM and attend Bloomington Gold!! In my '06 A6 Victory Red Coupe, of course!
:w

congrats and welcome to the club!:D;LOL

BEEN retired for about 6 years now:D:D:D

just don,t get lazy!

MAKE A LIST and , start working on ALL the project you can afford and a few you can,t!
theres no excuse about you have no time NOW!
NO COUCH POTATOS IN CORVETTES ALLOWED, ITS BAD FOR THE IMAGE YOU KNOW!

Wow! Tomorrow is a big day! Congratulations on the long-awaited day.

CONGRATULATIONS! :beer
I'm looking forward to MY retirement, but as long as the Mrs. has credit cards I have no idea WHEN THAT WILL BE! :L:L:L
Andy :w

:upthumbs Gary :beer

I retired August 2004 and never looked back :D These past 3 years have Flown By... between home projects, car projects, traveling, yard work and spoiling my little Silky Terrier LIFE don't get no better :D

ENJOY and take time to reflect, then MOVE ON ;) :Steer and ENJOY :lou

Bud

CONGRATS-- enjoy. I can only imagine. Too many more years for me.

retired 13 years for me this year. i put in 42 years at a real job plus ran my race engine building business and after i retired i did 2 years as a NASCAR tech inspector. nothing like retirement !!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom